We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the first report of Tomato mosaic virus in eggplant in Iran, Brazilian ground pearl damaging blackberry, raspberry and blueberry in Brazil, and the first report of Ascochyta rabiei causing ascochyta blight of chickpea plants (Cicer arietinum) in China.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- Brazilian ground pearl damaging blackberry, raspberry and blueberry in Brazil.
Efrom, C. F. S.; Botton, M.; Meyer, G. de A. (2012) Ciência Rural 42 (9) 1545-1548.
- A new scab-like disease on apple caused by the formerly saprotrophic fungus Venturia asperata.
Caffier, V.; Cam, B. le; Expert, P.; Tellier, M.; Devaux, M.; Giraud, M.; Chevalier, M. (2012) Plant Pathology 61 (5) 915-924.
- First report of Tomato mosaic virus in eggplant in Iran.
Aghamohammadi, V.; Rakhshandehroo, F.; Shams-bakhsh, M. (2011) Journal of Plant Pathology 93 (4) Supplement, S4.69.
- First report of Citrus tristeza virus in Citrus changshanensis cv. Huyou in Zhejiang, China.
Cheng, X. F.; Wu, J. X.; Ma, X. Y.; Fu, H. F.; Wu, X. Y. (2011) Journal of Plant Pathology 93 (4) Supplement, S4.68.
- New recorded species of Erysiphales for Northeastern China.
Liu ShuYan; Wang LiLan; Jiang WenTao; Li Yu (2012) Journal of Jilin Agricultural University 34 (4) 376-380.
- New records of hypocrealean fungi infecting aphids and whiteflies: pathogenicity against Myzus persicae and interaction with its predator Eriopis connexa.
Scorsetti, A. C.; Pelizza, S. A.; Cabello, M. N. (2012) Biocontrol Science and Technology 22 (9) 1099-1105.
- First report of raspberry yellows disease caused by raspberry bushy dwarf virus in Japan.
Isogai, M.; Yoshida, M.; Imanishi, H.; Yoshikawa, N. (2012) Journal of General Plant Pathology 78 (5) 360-363.
- Occurrence and distribution of Iris yellow spot virus on onion in Mauritius.
Lobin, K.; Pappu, H. R.; Benimadhu, S. P. (2012) Plant Health Progress August, PHP-2012-0826-01-BR.
- First report of Ascochyta rabiei causing ascochyta blight of Cicer arietinum in China.
Bai, J. Y.; Wang, D. Y.; Li, H. J.; Wang, X. M. (2011) Journal of Plant Pathology 93 (4) Supplement, S4.83.
- Wide genetic diversity of Ralstonia solanacearum strains affecting tomato in Trinidad, West Indies. Ramsubhag, A.; Lawrence, D.; Cassie, D.; Fraser, R.; Umaharan, P.; Prior, P.; Wicker, E. (2012) Plant Pathology 61 (5) 844-857.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here (>31,000 results)
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.