Here’s a taste of some of the latest stories about plant health, including droughts affecting Citrus in Bolivia, discovery of a phosphorous-boosting gene in rice and improved tea cultivars in Malawi.
Click on the link to read more of the latest plant health news!
- Tomatoes will soon be resistant to whitefly
[Wetenschap] Resource, 13 September 2012
- Malawi: Drought-Resistant Tea Highlighted in Natural Product Research
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 14 September 2012
- Ecuador: Sigatoka disrupts banana export
FreshPlaza.com, 14 September 2012
- Newly-Discovered Rice Gene Could Boost Global Food Supply
Scientific American, 17 September 2012
- Grain aphid could be a greater threat this autumn
FWi – Arable News, 17 September 2012
- Asian insects make a beeline for Switzerland – swissinfo.ch
NAPIS Pest Tracker News, 18 September 2012
- Drought affects citrus production in Bolivia
FreshPlaza.com, 20 September 2012
- Timing critical for blackgrass control
FWi – Arable News, 24 September 2012
- Leaf Beetle Key to Ridding Southern Florida of Destructive Vine
NAPIS Pest Tracker News, 25 September 2012
- Mexican researchers pinpoint best melon growing conditions
Fresh Fruit Portal, 25 September 2012
See more plant health news on the Plantwise Knowledge Bank.
If there’s another news story you’d like to highlight, please post a comment below.