Here’s a taste of some of the latest stories about plant health, including banana wilt affecting crops in Uganda, red spider mites infesting Colombian coffee plantations, and new varieties of rice resistant to Rice yellow mottle virus.
Click on the link to read more of the latest plant health news!
- Sudan: Pests Proliferation in North Darfur
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 11 September 2012
- Farmer-friendly policies enable China to feed itself
XinhuaNet | English.news.cn, 29 August 2012
- India: Farmers worried by collapse of capsicum market
FreshPlaza.com, 31 August 2012
- Medfly discovery prompts quarantine
The Press-Enterprise, 28 August 2012
- Maize Technologies for Pakistan
Crop Biotech Update, 5 September 2012
- Pest-fighting nematodes identified
Western Farm Press, 23 August 2012
- Red Spider Mites Threaten Colombia Coffee Output
Scientific American, 6 September 2012
- Breakthrough in the resistance to rice yellow mottle virus
SeedQuest, 23 August 2012
- Fiji: Alert over papaya disease
FreshPlaza.com, 30 August 2012
- Uganda may soon run out of bananas
FreshPlaza.com, 29 August 2012
See more plant health news on the Plantwise Knowledge Bank.
If there’s another news story you’d like to highlight, please post a comment below.