We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the first record of the tomato leafminer Tuta absoluta in Sudan, a post harvest disease caused by Pestalotiopsis mangiferae affecting the mango species Mangifera indica in Saudi Arabia and sap beetles found in coffee fruits in Brazil.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- Sap beetles (Coleoptera: Nitidualidae) in coffee fruits (Coffea arabica L.).
Fernandes, D. R. R.; Bená, D. de C.; Lara, R. I. R.; Ide, S.; Perioto, N. W. (2012) Coffee Science 7 (2) 135-138.
- A new species and new record of Stigmaeus Koch (Acari: Stigmaeidae) from northwest Iran.
Zarei, E.; Bagheri, M. (2012) Systematic and Applied Acarology 17 (2) 210-216.
- First record of the tomato leafminer, Tuta absoluta (Meyrick) (Lepidoptera: Gelechiidae) in Sudan.
Mohamed, E. S. I.; Mohamed, M. E.; Gamiel, S. A. (2012) Bulletin OEPP/EPPO Bulletin 42 (2) 325-327.
- A post harvest disease of Mangifera indica fruit caused by Pestalotiopsis mangiferae, in Saudi Arabia.
Humaira, R.; Iffat, S.; Najat B. (2012) African Journal of Microbiology Research 6 (27) 5723-5724.
- New record of the leafhopper genus Busoniomimus Maldonado-Capriles from China (Hemiptera, Cicadomorpha, Cicadellidae) with description of a new species.
Zhang B.; Li Z. (2012) Turkish Journal of Zoology 36 (4) 512-516.
- A new species of Tephritis Latreille (Diptera: Tephritidae) from Turkey.
Kütük, M.; Bayrak, N.; Hayat, R. (2012) Turkish Journal of Zoology 36 (4) 475-480.
- First record of Amblydromalus limonicus (Acari: Phytoseiidae) from Spain.
Escudero-Colomar, L. A.; Choraży, A.; (2012) International Journal of Acarology 38 (6) 545-546.
- Sorghothrips Priesner, Sorghothrips meishanensis Chen, newly recorded genus and species from Chinese mainland (Thysanoptera, Thripidae).
Xie Y.; Zhang H.; Sun Y.; Li Z. (2012) Journal of Yunnan Agricultural University 27 (3) 450-452.
- Two new species of Megacanthaspis Takagi (Hemiptera, Sternorrhyncha, Coccoidea, Diaspididae) from China.
Wei J.; Feng J. (2012) ZooKeys 210 1-8.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here (>31,000 results)
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
Penn State University’s Nuru app project has been awarded further funding to expand the reach of crop diseases and support farmers at a global scale (© Pexels) An extension grant has been awarded to the PlantVillage Nuru project, developing an artifici…
13 March 2020