Here’s a taste of some of the latest stories about plant health, including lack of rain leading to crop losses in India and Guatemala, discovery of how cyst nematodes attack plants, and increased effort to stop the spread of maize lethal necrosis in Kenya.
Click on the link to read more of the latest plant health news!
- China Crop Pests Add to Global Corn Pressure
The Wall Street Journal, 15 August 2012
- Mexican Black Sigatoka control project hits financial roadblock
Fresh Fruit Portal, 16 August 2012
- Kenya Steps Up Measures to Contain Deadly Maize Disease
Scientific American, 22 August 2012
- Scientists Discover How Nematodes Attack Crops
Western Farm Press, 8 August 2012
- Underground solution to starving rice plants
EurekAlert! – Agriculture, 22 August 2012
- Guatemala loses half of 2012 maize crop to drought
Fox News Latino, 23 August 2012
- Poor monsoon rains hit millions of Indian farmers
Associated Press, 28 August 2012
- Uganda: Plant Disease May Lead to Hunger
allAfrica.com, 25 August 2012
- Northern Ireland potato blight warning issued
FreshPlaza.com, 20 August 2012
- Mexico: Cultivation of limes may disappear
FreshPlaza.com, 28 August 2012
If there’s another news story you’d like to highlight, please post a comment below.
Related News & Blogs
New study highlights positive impact of PlantwisePlus in Ghana on gender-inclusive agricultural extension services
A new study brief shares key findings on gender-inclusive agricultural extension services in Ghana by PlantwisePlus.
5 December 2023