We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include a novel maize-infecting mastrevirus from the French island Réunion, a new report of leaf blight on eucalyptus caused by Pestalotiopsis virgatula in Thailand and the first occurrence of Drosophila suzukii in the Sauternes vineyards.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- Two new Pythium species from China based on the morphology and DNA sequence data.
Yan, L. Y.; JiGuang, W.; Xiang, S.; YueQiu, H.; JiTong, L.; LiangDong, G. (2012) Mycological Progress 11 (3) 689-698.
- Isolation of bacteria from the rhizosphere and rhizoplane of potato (Solanum tuberosum) grown in two distinct soils using semi selective media and characterization of their biological properties.
Turnbull, A. L.; YiBin, L.; Lazarovits, G. (2012) American Journal of Potato Research 89 (4) 294- 305.
- Characterization of bean necrotic mosaic virus: a member of a novel evolutionary lineage within the genus Tospovirus.
Oliveira, A. S. de; Melo, F. L.; Inoue-Nagata, A. K.; Nagata, T.; Kitajima, E. W.; Resende, R. O.; (2012) PLoS ONE 7 (6) 38634
- New report of leaf blight disease on eucalyptus (Eucalyptus camaldulensis) caused by Pestalotiopsis virgatula in Thailand.
Suwannarach, N.; Kumla, J.; Bussaban, B.; Lumyong, S. (2012) Canadian Journal of Plant Pathology 34 (2) 306-309.
- Tanymecus dilaticollis (Coleoptera: Curculionidae): first record on Zea mays seedlings in Greece.
Papadopoulou, S. C. (2012) Hellenic Plant Protection Journal 5 (2) 65-67.
- Molecular characterization and potential sources of Citrus tristeza virus in Oman.
Al-Sadi, A. M.; Al-Hilali, S. A.; Al-Yahyai, R. A.; Al-Said, F. A.; Deadman, M. L.; Al-Mahmooli, I. H.; Nolasco, G. (2012) Plant Pathology 61 (4) 632-640
- A new record and description of a new species of the genus Thrips, with an updated key to species from Iran.
Mirab-Balou, M.; XiaoLi, T.; XueXin, C. (2012) Journal of Insect Science (Madison) 12 (90) 1-15.
- A novel maize-infecting mastrevirus from La Réunion Island.
Pande, D.; Kraberger, S.; Lefeuvre, P.; Lett, J. M.; Shepherd, D. N.; Varsani, A.; Martin, D. P. (2012) Archives of Virology 157 (8) 1617-1621.
- Occurrence of Colletotrichum gloeosporioides (Penz.) Sacc. in Carthamus tinctorius L., in the Paraná state.
Carneiro, S. M. de T. P. G.; Silva, M. R. L. da; Romano, E. B.; Borsato, L. C.; Marianowski, T.; Gomes, J. C. (2012) Summa Phytopathologica 38 (2) 163-165.
- First occurrence of Drosophila suzukii in the Sauternes vineyards.
Rouzes, R.; Delbac, L.; Ravidat, M. L.; Thiéry, D. (2012) Journal International des Sciences de la Vigne et du Vin 46 (2) 145-147.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here (>31,000 results)
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
Penn State University’s Nuru app project has been awarded further funding to expand the reach of crop diseases and support farmers at a global scale (© Pexels) An extension grant has been awarded to the PlantVillage Nuru project, developing an artifici…
13 March 2020