Here’s a taste of some of the latest stories about plant health, including banana and cassava diseases becoming more prevalent in parts of DR Congo, pomegranate growers in India getting help with managing bacterial blight, and flooding in Costa Rica affecting crops.
Click on the link to read more of the latest plant health news!
- Plant Diseases Threaten Food Security in Kivu, DR Congo
AllAfrica News, 14 August 2012
- Poor harvest looms as stem, leaf rust bite
The Standard, 14 August 2012
- Tanzania: Mobile Phone Pilot Program to Improve Farming
AllAfrica News, 2 August 2012
- India: Scientists help pomegranate growers
FreshPlaza.com, 2 August 2012
- East Africa ‘nutrient mining’ takes its toll on bananas
SciDev.Net, 3 August 2012
- Seeds of hope amidst Philippine floods
EurekAlert! – Agriculture, 13 August 2012
- Downpour hits Costa Rican fruit crops
Fresh Fruit Portal, 9 August 2012
- Witch Weed Resistant Seeds Introduced in Tanzania
Crop Biotech Update, 10 August 2012
- Pakistan: Punjab officials warn of pomegranate pests
FreshPlaza.com, 13 August 2012
- Ivorian agricultural scientists open up their research
SciDev.Net, 14 August 2012
If there’s another news story you’d like to highlight, please post a comment below.