We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the first incidence of the grass moth Classeya tenuistriga as a maize seedling pest, the first report of Blueberry red ringspot virus affecting Korean highbush blueberries and three new species of Aspergillus section Flavi isolated from almonds and maize in Portugal.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- First report of Potato virus Y in potato in Tajikistan.
Alabi, O. J.; Crosslin, J. M.; Saidov, N.; Naidu, R. A. (2012) Plant Disease 96 (7) 1074-1075.
- First report of Shallot virus X in onion in Sudan.
Hamed, K.; Menzel, W.; Mohamed, M. E.; Dafallah, G.; Gadelseed, A. M. A.; Winter, S. (2012) Plant Disease 96 (7) 1075.
- First report of Classeya tenuistriga (Hampson) (Lepidoptera: Crambidae) as a pest of maize seedlings.
Erasmus, A. (2012) African Entomology 20 (1) 195-197.
- Botrytis caroliniana, a new species isolated from blackberry in South Carolina.
Li, X. P.; Kerrigan, J.; Chai, W. X.; Schnabel, G. (2012) Mycologia 104 (3) 650-658.
- First report of cobweb on white button mushroom (Agaricus bisporus) in Spain caused by Cladobotryum mycophilum.
Gea, F. J.; Navarro, M. J.; Carrasco, J.; González, A. J.; Suz, L. M. (2012) Plant Disease 96 (7) 1067.
- Three new species of Aspergillus section Flavi isolated from almonds and maize in Portugal.
Soares, C.; Rodrigues, P.; Peterson, S. W.; Lima, N.; Venâncio, A. (2012) Mycologia 104 (3) 682-697.
- First report of club root caused by Plasmodiophora brassicae on canola in Australia.
Khangura, R. K.; Wright, D. G. (2012) Plant Disease 96 (7) 1075-1076.
- First report of Blueberry red ringspot virus infecting highbush blueberry in Korea.
Cho, I. S.; Chung, B. N.; Cho, J. D.; Choi, G. S.; Lim, H. S. (2012) Plant Disease 96 (7) 1074.
- First record of Beauveria bassiana (Hyphomycetes: Moniliales) on adults of cassava lace bug Vatiga manihotae (Drake) (Hemiptera: Tingidae) in Brazil.
Alves, L. F. A.; Bellon, P. P.; Rheinheimer, A. R.; Pietrowski, V. (2012) Arquivos do Instituto Biológico 79 (2) 309-311.
- First report of Phytophthora palmivora causing root rot of cassava in China.
Guo, H.; Li, C. P.; Shi, T.; Fan, C. J.; Huang, G. X. (2012) Plant Disease 96 (7) 1072.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here (>31,000 results)
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
This article was originally published on the CABI BioProtection Portal blog. Visit the original blog post here. Anthracnose is a catch-all, general term. It describes the damage caused to plants by a group of fungal diseases. Anthra…
13 June 2022