We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include identification of a new citrus disease in China, the first incidence of Banana bunchy top virus in Benin, and the first time that leaf spot disease has been caused by the fungus Dactuliophora on cowpea in India.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- A destructive new disease of Citrus in China caused by Cryptosporiopsis citricarpa sp. nov.
Zhu Li; Wang XingHong; Huang Feng; Zhang JinZe; Li HongYe; Ding DeKuan; Hyde, K. D. (2012) Plant Disease 96 (6) 804-812.
- First report of Groundnut bud necrosis virus in tomato in Bangladesh.
Akhter, M. S.; Holkar, S. K.; Akanda, A. M.; Mandal, B.; Jain, R. K. (2012) Plant Disease 96 (6) 917-918.
- Occurrence of Banana bunchy top virus in banana and plantain (Musa sp.) in Benin.
Lokossou, B.; Gnanvossou, D.; Ayodeji, O.; Akplogan, F.; Safiore, A.; Migan, D. Z.; Pefoura, A. M.; Hanna, R.; Kumar, P. L. (2012) New Disease Reports 25, 13.
- First report of Dactuliophora species causing leaf spot of cowpea in India.
Mahadevakumar, S.; Janardhana, G. R. (2012) New Disease Reports 25, 17.
- First report of Alternaria infectoria on amaranth (Amaranthus caudatus ssp. mantegazzianus) in Argentina.
Noelting, M. C.; Molina, M. C.; Mónaco, C. I.; Sandoval, M. C.; Perelló, A. (2012) New Disease Reports 25, 11.
- First report of Radish leaf curl virus infecting okra in India.
Kumar, J.; Kumar, A.; Singh, S. P.; Roy, J. K.; Lalit, A.; Parmar, D.; Sharma, N. C.; Tuli, R. (2012) New Disease Reports 25, 9.
- Melon yellow spot virus identified in China for the first time.
Gu, Q. S.; Wu, H. J.; Chen, H. Y.; Zhang, X. J.; Wu, M. Z.; Wang, D. M.; Peng, B.; Kong, X. Y.; Liu, T. J. (2012) New Disease Reports 25, 7.
- First report of Apple scar skin viroid (ASSVd) in apple trees in Argentina.
Nome, C.; Giagetto, A.; Rossini, M.; Feo, L. di; Nieto, A. (2012) New Disease Reports 25, 3.
- First report of Tomato spotted wilt virus infecting onion and garlic in Serbia.
Stankovic´, I.; Bulajic´, A.; Vučurovic´, A.; Ristic´, D.; Milojevic´, K.; Nikolic´, D.; Krstic´, B. (2012) Plant Disease 96 (6) 918.
- First confirmed report of bacterial wilt of tomato in Georgia caused by Ralstonia solanacearum.
Mepharishvili, G.; Sikharulidze, Z.; Thwaites, R.; Tsetskhladze, T.; Dumbadze, R.; Gabaidze, M.; Muradashvili, M. (2012) New Disease Reports 25, 16.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here (>31,000 results)
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
This month’s pest alerts include the first report of Tobacco mosaic virus infecting papaya in China (photograph by Sadhana@1986). We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstract…
10 November 2022