We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include a new species of Phytophthora detected in Germany and the USA, the first report of Bacillus amyloliquefaciens causing bacterial rot of onion in Korea, and molecular characterisation of a yellow vein mosaic virus infecting okra in India.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- Phytophthora obscura sp. nov., a new species of the novel Phytophthora subclade 8d.
Grünwald, N. J.; Werres, S.; Goss, E. M.; Taylor, C. R.; Fieland, V. J. (2012) Plant Pathology 61 (3) 610-622.
- Taxonomy of the genus Aetheomorpha Lacordaire (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae: Cryptocephalinae: Clytrini) from China, with description of five new species.
Wang FengYan; Zhou HongZhang (2012) Journal of Natural History 46 (23/24) 1407-1440.
- First report of Phytophthora palmivora as a causal pathogen of citrus brown rot in Japan.
Tashiro, N.; Uematsu, S.; Ide, Y.; Matsuzaki, M. (2012) Journal of General Plant Pathology 78 (3) 233-236.
- Fourteen new records of cercosporoids from Thailand.
Phengsintham, P.; Chukeatirote, E.; McKenzie, E. H. C.; Moslem, M. A.; Hyde, K. D.; Braun, U. (2012) Maejo International Journal of Science and Technology 6 (1) 47-61.
- Aceria tulipae (Keifer, 1938) new record for the Turkish eriophyoid fauna.
Deni̇zhan, E. (2012) Bitki Koruma Bülteni 52 (1) 119-122.
- Alaskan Ribes L. and Rubus L. plant species surveyed for viruses.
Tanovic, B.; Quito-Avila, D. F.; Martin, R. R.; Tanovic, B. (2012) Acta Horticulturae 946, 237-242.
- Occurrence of bacterial rot of onion caused by Bacillus amyloliquefaciens in Korea.
Hwang SunKyoung; Back ChangGi; Win NangKyuKyu; Kim MyungKyum; Kim HeeDae; Kang InKyu; Lee SangChul; Jung HeeYoung (2012) Journal of General Plant Pathology 78 (3) 227-232.
- First record of the leafhopper genus Sweta Viraktamath & Dietrich (Hemiptera, Cicadellidae, Typhlocybinae) from China, with description of one new species feeding on bamboo.
Yang Lin; Chen XiangSheng; Li ZiZhong (2012) ZooKeys 187, 35-43.
- Molecular characterization of distinct bipartite begomovirus infecting bhendi (Abelmoschus esculentus L.) in India.
Venkataravanappa, V.; Reddy, C. N. L.; Salil Jalali; Reddy, M. K. (2012) Virus Genes 44 (3) 522-535.
- New record of Thrips palmi Karny 1925 (Thysanoptera: Thripidae) in Iraq.
Hamodi, A. A.; Abdul-Rssoul, M. S. (2012) Arab Journal of Plant Protection 30 (1) 142-144.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here (>31,000 results)
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
Papaya mealybug, Paraccous margniatus, is native to Central America but has spread rapidly in invaded countries. It was detected in Uganda in 2021 where it has the potential to affect the production and quality of papaya and other host crops. Papaya fr…
14 September 2022