Here’s a taste of some of the latest stories about plant health, including the development of disease-resistant raspberries in the U.S., news on a biofertilizer that could save citrus crops in Brazil, and how DNA barcoding could be the future of crop pest control.
Click on the link to read more of the latest plant health news!
- U.S.: Cornell launches new disease resistant raspberries
Fresh Fruit Portal, 8 May 2012
- Beetle-fungus disease threatens crops and landscape trees in Southern California
EurekAlert! – Agriculture, 8 May 2012
- Wet conditions increase chocolate spot risk
FWi – Arable News, 4 May 2012
- Spain: Artificial intelligence to Identify diseases in citrus
FreshPlaza.com, 4 May 2012
- DNA barcoding insect pests could facilitate their control
CropBiotech Update, 4 May 2012
- Climate change may trigger pest attacks on cassava
SciDev.Net, 30 April 2012
- Faba bean rust alert for SA and Victorian crops this season
Grains Research and Development Corporation (GRDC) Media Releases, 30 April 2012
- In Brazil a “biofertilizer” to combat citrus pests and diseases is being made
FreshPlaza.com, 27 April 2012
- New downy mildew resistant cucumber
CropBiotech Update, 27 April 2012
- Alternaria test a step closer for potato growers
FWi – Arable News, 25 April 2012
If there’s another news story you’d like to highlight, please post a comment below.