Here’s a taste of some of the latest stories about plant health, including the launch of the USDA’s ‘Save Our Citrus’ app, how disease-resistant bananas have proven to be a success in Jamaica, and a video of aphids reacting to a pheromone alarm.
Click on the link to read more of the latest plant health news!
- Tanzania: Disease Is a Menace to Banana Growers in Bukoba
AllAfrica news: Food and Agriculture, 13 April 2012
- VIDEO: Alarm pheromone flushes out aphids
FWi – Arable News, 12 April 2012
- USDA mobile app identifies citrus diseases
FreshPlaza.com, 12 April 2012
- Jamaica: Disease resistant bananas boost local production
FreshPlaza.com, 11 April 2012
- Tackle fungal forces to save crops, forests and endangered animals, say scientists
EurekAlert! – Agriculture, 11 April 2012
- India: Mango output hit by pest and disease
FreshPlaza.com, 10 April 2012
- New blight strain shouldn’t alarm potato growers
FWi – Arable News, 10 April 2012
- Black cutworm moths abundant and on the move
Farm Industry News, 9 April 2012
- A bit touchy: Plants’ insect defenses activated by touch
EurekAlert! – Agriculture, 9 April 2012
- Uganda: ‘Caterpillars Not a Threat to Food’
AllAfrica news: Food and Agriculture, 6 April 2012
If there’s another news story you’d like to highlight, please post a comment below.