We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Click on the links to view the abstracts.
- A new species and new record of Eriophyoidea (Acari: Prostigmata) from Cuba.
Torre Santana, P. E. de la (2011) Systematic and Applied Acarology 16 (2), 176-180.
- First report of Citrus psorosis virus in Japan.
Ito, T.; Furuta, T.; Namba, N. (2011) Journal of General Plant Pathology 77 (4), 257-259.
- First report of celery stunt anthracnose caused by Colletotrichum simmondsii in Japan.
Fujinaga, M.; Yamagishi, N.; Ogiso, H.; Takeuchi, J.; Moriwaki, J.; Sato, T. (2011) Journal of General Plant Pathology 77 (4), 243-247.
- First report of the golden potato cyst nematode, Globodera rostochiensis, in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Ostojic, I.; Grubišic, D.; Zovko, M.; Milicevic, T.; Culjak, T. G. (2011) Plant Disease 95 (7), 883.
- First report of Tomato spotted wilt virus on pepper in Montenegro.
Zindovic, J.; Bulajic, A.; Krstic, B.; Ciuffo, M.; Margaria, P.; Turina, M. (2011) Plant Disease 95 (7), 882.
- First report of Tomato chlorosis virus infecting tomato in Georgia.
Sundaraj, S.; Srinivasan, R.; Webster, C. G.; Adkins, S.; Perry, K.; Riley, D. (2011) Plant Disease 95 (7), 881.
- Survey and biology of cereal cyst nematode, Heterodera latipons, in rain-fed wheat in Markazi Province, Iran.
Hajihassani, A.; Maafi, Z. T.; Ahmadi, A.; Taji, M. (2011) International Journal of Agriculture and Biology 13 (4), 576-580.
- First report of septoria spot of clementine caused by Septoria citri in Italy.
Garibaldi, A.; Bertetti, D.; Amatulli, M. T.; Gullino, M. L. (2011) Plant Disease 95 (7), 873.
- Carrot as a new host for a begomovirus: yellow mosaic disease of carrot reported in India.
Sivalingam, P. N.; Sumiya, K. V.; Malathi, V. G. (2011) New Disease Reports 23, Article 34.
- A survey of insect pests damaging vegetable crops in Kashmir Valley (India), with some new records.
Mohamad, B. D.; Bhagat, R. C.; Qureshi, A. (2011) Journal of Entomological Research 35 (1), 85-91.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here (>29,000 results)
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a Comment.
Related News & Blogs
This article was originally published on the CABI BioProtection Portal blog. Visit the original blog post here. Bean fly is a destructive pest of most food legumes, particularly common bean, cowpea, mungbean, blackgram, lima bean and soybean. Symptoms…
30 June 2022