We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Click on the links to view the abstracts.
- A new species and new record of Eriophyoidea (Acari: Prostigmata) from Cuba.
Torre Santana, P. E. de la (2011) Systematic and Applied Acarology 16 (2), 176-180.
- First report of Citrus psorosis virus in Japan.
Ito, T.; Furuta, T.; Namba, N. (2011) Journal of General Plant Pathology 77 (4), 257-259.
- First report of celery stunt anthracnose caused by Colletotrichum simmondsii in Japan.
Fujinaga, M.; Yamagishi, N.; Ogiso, H.; Takeuchi, J.; Moriwaki, J.; Sato, T. (2011) Journal of General Plant Pathology 77 (4), 243-247.
- First report of the golden potato cyst nematode, Globodera rostochiensis, in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Ostojic, I.; Grubišic, D.; Zovko, M.; Milicevic, T.; Culjak, T. G. (2011) Plant Disease 95 (7), 883.
- First report of Tomato spotted wilt virus on pepper in Montenegro.
Zindovic, J.; Bulajic, A.; Krstic, B.; Ciuffo, M.; Margaria, P.; Turina, M. (2011) Plant Disease 95 (7), 882.
- First report of Tomato chlorosis virus infecting tomato in Georgia.
Sundaraj, S.; Srinivasan, R.; Webster, C. G.; Adkins, S.; Perry, K.; Riley, D. (2011) Plant Disease 95 (7), 881.
- Survey and biology of cereal cyst nematode, Heterodera latipons, in rain-fed wheat in Markazi Province, Iran.
Hajihassani, A.; Maafi, Z. T.; Ahmadi, A.; Taji, M. (2011) International Journal of Agriculture and Biology 13 (4), 576-580.
- First report of septoria spot of clementine caused by Septoria citri in Italy.
Garibaldi, A.; Bertetti, D.; Amatulli, M. T.; Gullino, M. L. (2011) Plant Disease 95 (7), 873.
- Carrot as a new host for a begomovirus: yellow mosaic disease of carrot reported in India.
Sivalingam, P. N.; Sumiya, K. V.; Malathi, V. G. (2011) New Disease Reports 23, Article 34.
- A survey of insect pests damaging vegetable crops in Kashmir Valley (India), with some new records.
Mohamad, B. D.; Bhagat, R. C.; Qureshi, A. (2011) Journal of Entomological Research 35 (1), 85-91.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here (>29,000 results)
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a Comment.
Related News & Blogs
>> Latest quiz just added Plantwise plant doctors are at the heart of our plant clinic network providing advice and information to farmers, logging their data for the Plantwise Knowledge Bank, and always adapting to new outbreaks and technologies. Thin…
26 October 2020