We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Click on the links to view the abstracts.
- A new species and new record of Eriophyoidea (Acari: Prostigmata) from Cuba.
Torre Santana, P. E. de la (2011) Systematic and Applied Acarology 16 (2), 176-180.
- First report of Citrus psorosis virus in Japan.
Ito, T.; Furuta, T.; Namba, N. (2011) Journal of General Plant Pathology 77 (4), 257-259.
- First report of celery stunt anthracnose caused by Colletotrichum simmondsii in Japan.
Fujinaga, M.; Yamagishi, N.; Ogiso, H.; Takeuchi, J.; Moriwaki, J.; Sato, T. (2011) Journal of General Plant Pathology 77 (4), 243-247.
- First report of the golden potato cyst nematode, Globodera rostochiensis, in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Ostojic, I.; Grubišic, D.; Zovko, M.; Milicevic, T.; Culjak, T. G. (2011) Plant Disease 95 (7), 883.
- First report of Tomato spotted wilt virus on pepper in Montenegro.
Zindovic, J.; Bulajic, A.; Krstic, B.; Ciuffo, M.; Margaria, P.; Turina, M. (2011) Plant Disease 95 (7), 882.
- First report of Tomato chlorosis virus infecting tomato in Georgia.
Sundaraj, S.; Srinivasan, R.; Webster, C. G.; Adkins, S.; Perry, K.; Riley, D. (2011) Plant Disease 95 (7), 881.
- Survey and biology of cereal cyst nematode, Heterodera latipons, in rain-fed wheat in Markazi Province, Iran.
Hajihassani, A.; Maafi, Z. T.; Ahmadi, A.; Taji, M. (2011) International Journal of Agriculture and Biology 13 (4), 576-580.
- First report of septoria spot of clementine caused by Septoria citri in Italy.
Garibaldi, A.; Bertetti, D.; Amatulli, M. T.; Gullino, M. L. (2011) Plant Disease 95 (7), 873.
- Carrot as a new host for a begomovirus: yellow mosaic disease of carrot reported in India.
Sivalingam, P. N.; Sumiya, K. V.; Malathi, V. G. (2011) New Disease Reports 23, Article 34.
- A survey of insect pests damaging vegetable crops in Kashmir Valley (India), with some new records.
Mohamad, B. D.; Bhagat, R. C.; Qureshi, A. (2011) Journal of Entomological Research 35 (1), 85-91.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here (>29,000 results)
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a Comment.
Related News & Blogs
Even during the COVID lockdown, news channels buzzed in Bangladesh on the arrival of swarms of an unknown pest that were partially covering mango and guava crops, and some forest trees in Teknaf Upazila, Cox’s Bazar District. The Ministry of Agricultur…
13 May 2020