We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Click on the links to view the abstracts.
- Incidence of Meloidogyne graminicola on rice in Andaman Islands.
Pankaj; Anil Sirohi; Jain, R. K.; Khajan Singh (2011) Annals of Plant Protection Sciences 19 (1), 259-260.
- First record of Drosophila suzukii in Piedmont.
Pansa, M. G.; Frati, S.; Baudino, M.; Tavella, L.; Alma, A. (2011) Protezione delle Colture 2, 108.
- Phacidiopycnis washingtonensis and Septoria citri, new pathogens of fruits of Diospyros kaki and Citrus clementina bred in Italy.
Bertetti, D.; Amatulli, M. T.; Gullino, M. L.; Garibaldi, A. (2011) Protezione delle Colture 2, 68.
- Spread and severity of attacks of leafy and soil-borne pathogens on leaf vegetables in Piedmont.
Gilardi, G.; Baudino, M.; Scarpa, D.; Gullino, M. L.; Garibaldi, A. (2011) Protezione delle Colture 2, 24-27.
- Potato virus m in bittersweet nightshade (Solanum dulcamara) in New York State.
Perry, K. L.; McLane, H. (2011) Plant Disease 95 (5), 619.
- First report of bacterial wilt in Mandevilla (=Dipladenia) splendens ‘Red Riding Hood’ in the United States caused by Ralstonia solanacearum biovar 3.
Ruhl, G.; Twieg, E.; DeVries, R.; Levy, L.; Byrne, J.; Mollov, D.; Taylor, N. (2011) Plant Disease 95 (5), 614-615.
- Phytodiversity of parasitic hosts of Cuscuta reflexa Roxb. in Cooch Behar district of West Bengal.
Pampi Ghosh; Debabrata Das; Manika Das (2011) Environment and Ecology 29 (2), 588-591.
- Biology and systematics of the New World Phyllocnistis Zeller leafminers of the avocado genus Persea (Lepidoptera, Gracillariidae).
Davis, D. R.; Wagner, D. L. (2011) Zookeys 97, 39-73.
- Genetic markers indicate a new species complex of emerging pest mites in Australian grains.
Arthur, A. L.; Miller, A. D.; Weeks, A. R. (2011) Annals of the Entomological Society of America 104 (3), 402-415.
- Occurrence and biology of Tolype innocens (Burmeister) on blueberry.
Louzada, R. S.; Müller, F. A.; Gonçalves, R. da S.; Nava, D. E. (2011) Revista Brasileira de Fruticultura 33 (1), 61-65.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here (>29,000 results)
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a Comment.
Related News & Blogs
Pests do not recognise borders. With the increased movement of people and goods, comes the increased risk of pests moving from one geographic area to another. For this reason, it is important to identify and categorize species that are likely to enter…
21 October 2021