We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Click on the links to view the abstracts.
- A new red spider mite from the African oil palm from Brazil (Acari: Tetranychidae).
Flechtmann, C. H. W.; Noronha, A. C. S. (2011) Systematic and Applied Acarology 16 (1), 67-72.
- Molecular characterisation of six badnavirus species associated with leaf streak disease of banana in East Africa.
James, A. P.; Geijskes, R. J.; Dale, J. L.; Harding, R. M. (2011) Annals of Applied Biology 158 (3), 346-353.
- Cylindrocarpon species associated with apple tree roots in South Africa and their quantification using real-time PCR.
Tewoldemedhin, Y. T.; Mazzola, M.; Mostert, L.; McLeod, A. (2011) European Journal of Plant Pathology 129 (4), 637-651.
- Kinds and five new records of fungus disease of potato in Urumqi and Changji area in Xinjiang.
Wang LiLi; Riziwangguli Supi; Li KeMei; Wang Hui; Luo Ming (2011) Xinjiang Agricultural Sciences 48 (2), 266-270.
- Natural enemies of Planococcus ficus (Hemiptera: Pseudococcidae) in Fars Province vineyards, Iran.
Fallahzadeh, M.; Japoshvili, G.; Saghaei, N.; Daane, K. M. (2011) Biocontrol Science and Technology 21 (4), 427-433.
- Leaf stripe and stem rot caused by Burkholderia gladioli, a new maize disease in Mexico.
Gijon-Hernandez, A.; Teliz-Ortiz, D.; Mejia-Sanchez, D.; Torre-Almaraz, R. de la; Cardenas-Soriano, E.; Leon, C. de; Mora-Aguilera, A. (2011) Journal of Phytopathology 159 (5), 377-381.
- First report of Pythium indigoferae and P. irregulare associated to apple trees decline in Tunisia.
Souli, M.; Boughalleb, N.; Abad-Campos, P.; Álvarez, L. A.; Pérez-Sierra, A.; Armengol, J.; García-Jiménez, J. (2011) Journal of Phytopathology 159 (5), 352-357.
- First report of redbacked cutworm damage to cow cockle [Vaccaria hispanica (Mill.) Rauschert], a potential new crop for western Canada.
Willenborg, C.; Dosdall, L. (2011) Canadian Journal of Plant Science 91 (2), 425-428.
- Molecular characterization of a new begomovirus and divergent alphasatellite from tomato in Cameroon.
Leke, W. N.; Kvarnheden, A.; Ngane, E. B.; Titanji, V. P. K.; Brown, J. K. (2011) Archives of Virology 156 (5), 925-928.
- Three novel species of Stemphylium from Sinkiang, China: their morphological and molecular characterization.
Pei YunFei; Wang Yong; Geng Yun; O’Neill, N. R.; Zhang XiuGuo (2011) Mycological Progress 10 (2), 163-173.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here (>28,000 results)
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a Comment.
Related News & Blogs
Papaya mealybug, Paraccous margniatus, is native to Central America but has spread rapidly in invaded countries. It was detected in Uganda in 2021 where it has the potential to affect the production and quality of papaya and other host crops. Papaya fr…
14 September 2022