We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Click on the links to view the abstracts.
- A new red spider mite from the African oil palm from Brazil (Acari: Tetranychidae).
Flechtmann, C. H. W.; Noronha, A. C. S. (2011) Systematic and Applied Acarology 16 (1), 67-72.
- Molecular characterisation of six badnavirus species associated with leaf streak disease of banana in East Africa.
James, A. P.; Geijskes, R. J.; Dale, J. L.; Harding, R. M. (2011) Annals of Applied Biology 158 (3), 346-353.
- Cylindrocarpon species associated with apple tree roots in South Africa and their quantification using real-time PCR.
Tewoldemedhin, Y. T.; Mazzola, M.; Mostert, L.; McLeod, A. (2011) European Journal of Plant Pathology 129 (4), 637-651.
- Kinds and five new records of fungus disease of potato in Urumqi and Changji area in Xinjiang.
Wang LiLi; Riziwangguli Supi; Li KeMei; Wang Hui; Luo Ming (2011) Xinjiang Agricultural Sciences 48 (2), 266-270.
- Natural enemies of Planococcus ficus (Hemiptera: Pseudococcidae) in Fars Province vineyards, Iran.
Fallahzadeh, M.; Japoshvili, G.; Saghaei, N.; Daane, K. M. (2011) Biocontrol Science and Technology 21 (4), 427-433.
- Leaf stripe and stem rot caused by Burkholderia gladioli, a new maize disease in Mexico.
Gijon-Hernandez, A.; Teliz-Ortiz, D.; Mejia-Sanchez, D.; Torre-Almaraz, R. de la; Cardenas-Soriano, E.; Leon, C. de; Mora-Aguilera, A. (2011) Journal of Phytopathology 159 (5), 377-381.
- First report of Pythium indigoferae and P. irregulare associated to apple trees decline in Tunisia.
Souli, M.; Boughalleb, N.; Abad-Campos, P.; Álvarez, L. A.; Pérez-Sierra, A.; Armengol, J.; García-Jiménez, J. (2011) Journal of Phytopathology 159 (5), 352-357.
- First report of redbacked cutworm damage to cow cockle [Vaccaria hispanica (Mill.) Rauschert], a potential new crop for western Canada.
Willenborg, C.; Dosdall, L. (2011) Canadian Journal of Plant Science 91 (2), 425-428.
- Molecular characterization of a new begomovirus and divergent alphasatellite from tomato in Cameroon.
Leke, W. N.; Kvarnheden, A.; Ngane, E. B.; Titanji, V. P. K.; Brown, J. K. (2011) Archives of Virology 156 (5), 925-928.
- Three novel species of Stemphylium from Sinkiang, China: their morphological and molecular characterization.
Pei YunFei; Wang Yong; Geng Yun; O’Neill, N. R.; Zhang XiuGuo (2011) Mycological Progress 10 (2), 163-173.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here (>28,000 results)
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a Comment.
Related News & Blogs
Pests and diseases of rice are a significant constraint in rice production, accounting for up to 30% of yield losses. Rice is cultivated in over 100 countries and is a staple food source for over half the world’s population. Therefore, the sustainable…
28 November 2023