We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Click on the links to view the abstracts.
- First report of chlorotic and necrotic disease caused by Tobacco rattle virus on Capsicum annuum in Japan.
Tomitaka, Y.; Fujimoto, T.; Nakata, M.; Ishikawa, R.; Usugi, T.; Tsuda, S. (2011) Journal of General Plant Pathology 77 (2), 136-138.
- A new pest of palms in the Black Sea coast of Georgia.
Leonidze, N. Kh. (2011) Zashchita i Karantin Rastenii, 1, 44.
- Associated viruses threatening sweetpotato improvement and production in Ethiopia.
Adane, A. (2010) African Crop Science Journal 18 (4), 207-213.
- Discovery of a new gall-inducing species in the inquiline tribe Synergini (Hymenoptera: Cynipidae): inconsistent implications from biology and morphology.
Abe, Y.; Ide, T.; Wachi, N. (2011) Annals of the Entomological Society of America 104 (2), 115-120.
- New records of eriophyoid mites (Acari: Prostigmata: Eriophyoidea) from Saudi Arabia.
Al-Atawi, F. J.; Halawa, A. M. (2011) Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences 14 (2), 112-117.
- Botyrosphaeria dothidea associated with white rot and stem bark canker of apple in Jammu & Kashmir.
Khan, N. A.; Mushtaq Ahmad; Ghani, M. Y. (2010) Applied Biological Research 12 (2), 69-73.
- Heterobostrychus hamatipennis Lesne (Coleoptera: Bostrichidae) new to Florida.
Beiriger, R. (2010) Insecta Mundi 0138, 1-5.
- First record of Ceratocystis laricicola (Ascomycota, Ceratocystidaceae) in the Czech Republic.
Novotný, D. (2010) Czech Mycology 62 (1), 59-65.
- Bambusicaliscelis, a new bamboo-feeding planthopper genus of Caliscelini (Hemiptera: Fulgoroidea: Caliscelidae: Caliscelinae), with descriptions of two new species and their fifth-instar nymphs from southwestern China.
Chen XiangSheng; Zhang ZhengGuang (2011) Annals of the Entomological Society of America 104 (2), 95-104.
- Tilletia anthoxanthi, a smut fungus new to Moravia.
Kokeš, P. (2010) Czech Mycology 62 (1), 79-86.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here (>28,000 results)
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a Comment.
Related News & Blogs
Plantwise plant doctors are at the heart of our plant clinic network providing advice and information to farmers, logging their data for the Plantwise Knowledge Bank, and always adapting to new outbreaks and technologies. Think you’ve got what it takes…
9 February 2021