We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Click on the links to view the abstracts.
- First report of chlorotic and necrotic disease caused by Tobacco rattle virus on Capsicum annuum in Japan.
Tomitaka, Y.; Fujimoto, T.; Nakata, M.; Ishikawa, R.; Usugi, T.; Tsuda, S. (2011) Journal of General Plant Pathology 77 (2), 136-138.
- A new pest of palms in the Black Sea coast of Georgia.
Leonidze, N. Kh. (2011) Zashchita i Karantin Rastenii, 1, 44.
- Associated viruses threatening sweetpotato improvement and production in Ethiopia.
Adane, A. (2010) African Crop Science Journal 18 (4), 207-213.
- Discovery of a new gall-inducing species in the inquiline tribe Synergini (Hymenoptera: Cynipidae): inconsistent implications from biology and morphology.
Abe, Y.; Ide, T.; Wachi, N. (2011) Annals of the Entomological Society of America 104 (2), 115-120.
- New records of eriophyoid mites (Acari: Prostigmata: Eriophyoidea) from Saudi Arabia.
Al-Atawi, F. J.; Halawa, A. M. (2011) Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences 14 (2), 112-117.
- Botyrosphaeria dothidea associated with white rot and stem bark canker of apple in Jammu & Kashmir.
Khan, N. A.; Mushtaq Ahmad; Ghani, M. Y. (2010) Applied Biological Research 12 (2), 69-73.
- Heterobostrychus hamatipennis Lesne (Coleoptera: Bostrichidae) new to Florida.
Beiriger, R. (2010) Insecta Mundi 0138, 1-5.
- First record of Ceratocystis laricicola (Ascomycota, Ceratocystidaceae) in the Czech Republic.
Novotný, D. (2010) Czech Mycology 62 (1), 59-65.
- Bambusicaliscelis, a new bamboo-feeding planthopper genus of Caliscelini (Hemiptera: Fulgoroidea: Caliscelidae: Caliscelinae), with descriptions of two new species and their fifth-instar nymphs from southwestern China.
Chen XiangSheng; Zhang ZhengGuang (2011) Annals of the Entomological Society of America 104 (2), 95-104.
- Tilletia anthoxanthi, a smut fungus new to Moravia.
Kokeš, P. (2010) Czech Mycology 62 (1), 79-86.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here (>28,000 results)
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a Comment.
Related News & Blogs
This month’s pest alerts include the isolation and identification of the top blight pathogen of Passiflora edulis (photograph by Earth100). We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CA…
6 December 2022