We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Click on the links to view the abstracts.
- Characterization of Maize chlorotic mottle Virus associated with maize lethal necrosis disease in China.
Xie Li; Zhang JingZe; Wang Qiang; Meng ChunMei; Hong Jian; Zhou XuePing (2011) Journal of Phytopathology 159 (3), 191-193.
- Occurrence of rust on chickpea in Western Maharashtra.
Deshmukh, G. P.; Pawar, K. B.; Harer, P. N. (2010) Journal of Maharashtra Agricultural Universities 35 (3), 485-486.
- Notes on and new records of some Tylenchoidea (Nematoda) from Ethiopia.
Berg, E. van den; Mekete, T. (2010) Nematologia Mediterranea 38 (2), 211-214.
- First records of four mite species (Acari: Tetranychidae) in Iran.
Sheikholeslamzadeh, S.; Sadeghi, H. (2010) Applied Entomology and Phytopathology 78 (1), 121-125.
- First report of a group 16SrII phytoplasma associated with witches’-broom of eggplant in Oman.
Al-Subhi, A. M.; Al-Saady, N. A.; Khan, A. J.; Deadman, M. L. (2011) Plant Disease 95 (3), 360.
- First report of Alternaria alternata causing leaf blight of potatoes in South Africa.
Waals, J. E. van der; Pitsi, B. E.; Marais, C.; Wairuri, C. K. (2011) Plant Disease 95 (3), 363.
- First report of Tomato chlorosis virus in tomato from Hungary.
Bese, G.; Bóka, K.; Krizbai, L.; Takács, A. (2011) Plant Disease 95 (3), 363.
- First report of Tomato yellow leaf curl virus infecting cowpea in China.
Dai, F. M.; Zeng, R.; Chen, W. J.; Lu, J. P. (2011) Plant Disease 95 (3), 362.
- Incidence of tarsonemid mites on Cocos nucifera L. (Arecaceae) from Oman with description of a new species of Nasutitarsonemus Beer and Nucifora (Acari: Tarsonemidae).
Lofego, A. C.; Hountondji, F. C. C.; Al-Shanfari, A.; Moraes, G. J. de (2011) Journal of Natural History 45 (5/8), 461-474.
- New record and new species of Cerambycinae (Coleoptera, Cerambycidae) from Trinidad and Tobago and Venezuela.
Martins, U. R.; Galileo, M. H. M. (2010) Revista Brasileira de Entomologia 54 (4), 565-570.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here (>28,000 results).
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
Even during the COVID lockdown, news channels buzzed in Bangladesh on the arrival of swarms of an unknown pest that were partially covering mango and guava crops, and some forest trees in Teknaf Upazila, Cox’s Bazar District. The Ministry of Agricultur…
13 May 2020