We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Click on the links to view the abstracts.
- Characterization of Maize chlorotic mottle Virus associated with maize lethal necrosis disease in China.
Xie Li; Zhang JingZe; Wang Qiang; Meng ChunMei; Hong Jian; Zhou XuePing (2011) Journal of Phytopathology 159 (3), 191-193.
- Occurrence of rust on chickpea in Western Maharashtra.
Deshmukh, G. P.; Pawar, K. B.; Harer, P. N. (2010) Journal of Maharashtra Agricultural Universities 35 (3), 485-486.
- Notes on and new records of some Tylenchoidea (Nematoda) from Ethiopia.
Berg, E. van den; Mekete, T. (2010) Nematologia Mediterranea 38 (2), 211-214.
- First records of four mite species (Acari: Tetranychidae) in Iran.
Sheikholeslamzadeh, S.; Sadeghi, H. (2010) Applied Entomology and Phytopathology 78 (1), 121-125.
- First report of a group 16SrII phytoplasma associated with witches’-broom of eggplant in Oman.
Al-Subhi, A. M.; Al-Saady, N. A.; Khan, A. J.; Deadman, M. L. (2011) Plant Disease 95 (3), 360.
- First report of Alternaria alternata causing leaf blight of potatoes in South Africa.
Waals, J. E. van der; Pitsi, B. E.; Marais, C.; Wairuri, C. K. (2011) Plant Disease 95 (3), 363.
- First report of Tomato chlorosis virus in tomato from Hungary.
Bese, G.; Bóka, K.; Krizbai, L.; Takács, A. (2011) Plant Disease 95 (3), 363.
- First report of Tomato yellow leaf curl virus infecting cowpea in China.
Dai, F. M.; Zeng, R.; Chen, W. J.; Lu, J. P. (2011) Plant Disease 95 (3), 362.
- Incidence of tarsonemid mites on Cocos nucifera L. (Arecaceae) from Oman with description of a new species of Nasutitarsonemus Beer and Nucifora (Acari: Tarsonemidae).
Lofego, A. C.; Hountondji, F. C. C.; Al-Shanfari, A.; Moraes, G. J. de (2011) Journal of Natural History 45 (5/8), 461-474.
- New record and new species of Cerambycinae (Coleoptera, Cerambycidae) from Trinidad and Tobago and Venezuela.
Martins, U. R.; Galileo, M. H. M. (2010) Revista Brasileira de Entomologia 54 (4), 565-570.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here (>28,000 results).
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
As many of our readers may be aware, the United Nations have declared 2020 as the International Year of Plant Health. CABI is pleased to announce that to promote a global conversation about plant health and the future of sustainable agriculture, we are…
7 November 2019