We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this month include the first report of Xanthomonas citri Subsp. Citri causing Citrus canker on a range of citrus fruit in Pakistan and the first record of blueberry gall midge Dasineura oxycoccana in Mexico.
- A test of adaptive divergence in a newly discovered host association of the soapberry bug Jadera haematoloma on Mexican buckeye, Ungnadia speciosa. Comerford, M. S.; Carroll, S. P.; Egan, S. P. (2022) Entomologia Experimentalis et Applicata 170 (1) 64-78.
- First report of Xanthomonas citri Subsp. Citri causing Citrus canker on grape fruit (Citrus paradisi), Washington Naval (Citrus sinensis), kaghzi limon (Citrus aurantifolia Swingle), lemon (Citrus limon) and pomelo (Citrus maxima) in Pakistan. Nawaz-Ul-Rehman, M. S.; Iram Liaqat; Javeria Nehal; Adeel Riaz; Nazia Nahid; Iqbal, M. A.; Nisar Ahmed; Ayesha Younus; Muhammad Mubin (2021) Pakistan Journal of Agricultural Sciences 58 (4) 1373-1377.
- Morphological and phylogenetic analyses reveal a new species of Ceratocystiopsis (Ophiostomataceae, Ophiostomatales) associated with Ips subelongatus in Inner Mongolia (China) with weak host pathogenicity. Wang Zheng; Liu Ya; Liu CaiXia; Liu ZhenYu; Liang LiJun; Lu Quan (2021) Forests 12 (12).
- Detection of an invasive species Arion vulgaris Moquin-Tandon, 1855 (Mollusca: Gastropoda: Arionidae) in the Republic of North Ossetia-Alania. Schikov, E. V.; Komarov, Y. E. (2021) Folia Malacologica 29 (4) 222-228.
- Larval morphology and biology features of Leucochrysa (Nodita) cruentata (Neuroptera: Chrysopidae), including its first record from Argentina. Margagliotti, M.; Reguilón, M. M.; Reguilón, C. (2021) Acta Zoologica Lilloana 65 (2) 230-240.
- First record of Leptodictya plana as host of Tripsacum spp. Garay Martínez, J. R.; Victoriano, M. F. (2021) Southwestern Entomologist 46 (4) 1059-1062.
- First record of invasive pest blueberry gall midge, Dasineura oxycoccana (Johnson) in Mexico: molecular and morphological confirmation. Hernández, R. A. T.; Mikery, O.; Ibañez, S.; Aguilar, I.; Sánchez, D.; Rodríguez, D. (2021) Southwestern Entomologist 46 (4) 963-970.
- First report of Chaetomella raphigera causing brown Spot on Eucalyptus urophylla × E. grandis in China. Cao XiuXiu; Wei JiGuang; Hou JianGan; Fan ChunLi; Luo Ji; Wu YaoJun; Yang XiuHao; Luo JiTong; Yang XiaoBing (2021) Journal of Plant Pathology 103 (1) 403-403.
- Reclassification of gall midges (Diptera: Cecidomyiidae: Cecidomyiini) from Amaranthaceae, with description of ten new species based on an integrative taxonomic study. Dorchin, N.; Shachar, E.; Friedman, A. L. L.; Bronstein, O. (2021) Insects 12 (12).
- Taxonomic placement of Phytophthora species isolated from Angelica keiskei in the Izu Islands during the cool season. Sakamoto, A.; Uzuhashi, S.; Kito, H.; Hoshi, H.; Kubota, M.; Takahara, A.; Hirooka, Y. (2021) Japanese Journal of Phytopathology 87 (4) 231-238.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here or to view results by your location click here.
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
Update: New Pest & Disease Records (08 March 2023)
This month’s pest alerts include the first report of Diaporthe phoenicicola causing leaf spot on blueberry in China. We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records th…
10 March 2023
Leave a Reply