We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this month include a new species of bark beetle in Taiwan and the first record of fungi isolated from Thrips tabaci on garlic in the Philippines.
- First report on Chenopodium quinoa willdenow (Amaranthaceae) stem-boring damage by Athesapeuta dodonis (Marshall) (Coleoptera: Curculionidae) with associated fungal spp. interactions in South Africa. Weeks, W. J.; Rensburg, B. J. van (2021) African Entomology 29 (1) 289-295.
- An assessment of the abundance and species richness of lepidopteran stemborer communities in selected natural habitats in the Eastern Cape and KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. Stemele, M. A.; Heshula, L. U. P. (2021) African Entomology 29 (1) 69-86.
- A new species and five new records of bark beetles (Coleoptera, Curculionidae, Scolytinae) from Taiwan. Lin ChingShan; Beaver, R. A. (2021) Taiwania 66 (1) 1-10.
- Phylogenetic analysis of the pathogen causing eggplant brown leaf spot. Misawa, T.; Iwadate, Y.; Kurose, D. (2021) Journal of General Plant Pathology 87 (2) 123-126.
- Characterization of citrus leaf blotch virus from Nandina domestica ‘Otafukunanten’. Kamitani, M.; Nagano, A. J.; Okuno, T. (2021) Journal of General Plant Pathology 87 (2) 113-116.
- Sharp eyespot of barley, bread wheat and durum wheat caused by Ceratobasidium cereale in Japan. Tomioka, K.; Sekiguchi, H.; Ban, Y.; Kato, K.; Ito, M.; Sugita, T.; Yoshioka, T.; Ishikawa, N. (2021) Journal of General Plant Pathology 87 (2) 110-112.
- Pink seed of barley caused by Erwinia persicina. Kawaguchi, A.; Abe, D.; Saito, T.; Nogata, Y.; Nomiyama, K.; Kohyama, N.; Takahashi, A.; Yoshioka, T.; Ishikawa, N.; Tomioka, K. (2021) Journal of General Plant Pathology 87 (2) 106-109.
- Extending the fossil record for foliicolous Dothideomycetes: bleximothyrium ostiolatum gen. et sp. nov., a unique fly-speck fungus from the lower cretaceous of Virginia, USA. Renard, L. le; Stockey, R. A.; Upchurch, G. R.; Berbee, M. L. (2021) American Journal of Botany 108 (1) 129-144.
- First record of fungi isolated from Thrips tabaci Lindeman on garlic (Ilocos white) in Batac, Philippines. Reyes, C. P.; Mintu, C. B.; Dalisay, T. U. (2021) Philippine Journal of Science 150 (1) 145-152.
- Characterization of ‘Candidatus phytoplasma asteris‘-related strain association with leaf yellowing of Wrightia antidysenterica (Arctic Snow) in Tripura, India. Shreenath, Y. S.; Amar Bahadur; Hemavati Ranebennur; Rao, G. P. (2021) Australasian Plant Disease Notes 16 (13) (30 April 2021).
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
In Ethiopia, smallholder farmers are the mainstay of the economy, with the country’s large rural communities dependent on small-scale farming for food security and income. However, farmers face several challenges when trying to improve crop yields, in…
19 July 2021