We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this month include the first report of the fungal pathogen Alternaria alternata on Sambucus ebulus in Iran and the first report of the moth Dervishiya cadambae on grapevine Vitis vinifera.
- First report of Alternaria alternata causing leaf spot on Sambucus ebulus in Iran. Alidadi, A.; Shams, E.; Karimzadeh, S.; Javan-Nikkhah, M. (2020) Iranian Journal of Plant Pathology 55 (4) 373-377.
- Studies of Neotropical tree pathogens in Moniliophthora: a new species, M. mayarum, and new combinations for Crinipellis ticoi and C. brasiliensis. Niveiro, N.; Ramírez, N. A.; Michlig, A.; Lodge, D. J.; Aime, M. C. (2020) MycoKeys (66) 39-54.
- Ochraceocephala foeniculi gen. et sp. nov., a new pathogen causing crown rot of fennel in Italy. Aiello, D.; Vitale, A.; Polizzi, G.; Voglmayr, H. (2020) MycoKeys (66) 1-22.
- Identification and characterization of Gonatobotryum apiculatum causing leaf spot and blight on Sinowilsonia henryi. Gao Ying; Liu HaiFeng; Song ZhengXing; Du XiaoYing; Deng JianXin (2020) Mycobiology 48 (1) 70-74.
- Pararhizomyia Mamaev (Diptera: Cecidomyiidae) from China. Jiao KeLong; Wang Hao; Bu WenJun (2020) Oriental Insects 54 (1) 75-87.
- A new species of Obtusicauda (Hemiptera: Aphididae) from Iran living on Artemisia. Sedighi, N.; Hosseini, M.; Mehrparvar, M. (2020) Zoology in the Middle East 66 (1) 58-67.
- A new species of Oligoglena Horváth, 1912 (Hemiptera: Cicadidae) from Mediterranean Turkey. Mol, A. (2020) Zoology in the Middle East 66 (1) 46-57.
- Magnaporthiopsis cynodontis, a novel turfgrass pathogen with widespread distribution in the United States. Vines, P. L.; Hoffmann, F. G.; Meyer, F.; Allen, T. W.; Luo Jing; Zhang Ning; Tomaso-Peterson, M. (2020) Mycologia 112 (1) 52-63.
- Fusarium xyrophilum, sp. nov., a member of the Fusarium fujikuroi species complex recovered from pseudoflowers on yellow-eyed grass (Xyris spp.) from Guyana. Laraba, I.; Kim HyeSeon; Proctor, R. H.; Busman, M.; O’Donnell, K.; Felker, F. C.; Aime, M. C.; Koch, R. A.; Wurdack, K. J. (2020) Mycologia 112 (1) 39-51.
- First record of occurrence of Dervishiya cadambae on grapevine, Vitis vinifera, along with its morphological and molecular identification and pathogenicity evaluation potential of Metarhizium brunneum as its biocontrol agent. Yadav, D. S.; Mhaske, S. H.; Ranade, Y. H.; Ghule, S. B.; Shashank, P. R.; Yakovlev, R. V. (2020) Bulletin of Insectology 73 (1) 137-148.
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
Papaya mealybug, Paraccous margniatus, is native to Central America but has spread rapidly in invaded countries. It was detected in Uganda in 2021 where it has the potential to affect the production and quality of papaya and other host crops. Papaya fr…
14 September 2022