We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this month include the first report of the fungal pathogen Alternaria alternata on Sambucus ebulus in Iran and the first report of the moth Dervishiya cadambae on grapevine Vitis vinifera.
- First report of Alternaria alternata causing leaf spot on Sambucus ebulus in Iran. Alidadi, A.; Shams, E.; Karimzadeh, S.; Javan-Nikkhah, M. (2020) Iranian Journal of Plant Pathology 55 (4) 373-377.
- Studies of Neotropical tree pathogens in Moniliophthora: a new species, M. mayarum, and new combinations for Crinipellis ticoi and C. brasiliensis. Niveiro, N.; Ramírez, N. A.; Michlig, A.; Lodge, D. J.; Aime, M. C. (2020) MycoKeys (66) 39-54.
- Ochraceocephala foeniculi gen. et sp. nov., a new pathogen causing crown rot of fennel in Italy. Aiello, D.; Vitale, A.; Polizzi, G.; Voglmayr, H. (2020) MycoKeys (66) 1-22.
- Identification and characterization of Gonatobotryum apiculatum causing leaf spot and blight on Sinowilsonia henryi. Gao Ying; Liu HaiFeng; Song ZhengXing; Du XiaoYing; Deng JianXin (2020) Mycobiology 48 (1) 70-74.
- Pararhizomyia Mamaev (Diptera: Cecidomyiidae) from China. Jiao KeLong; Wang Hao; Bu WenJun (2020) Oriental Insects 54 (1) 75-87.
- A new species of Obtusicauda (Hemiptera: Aphididae) from Iran living on Artemisia. Sedighi, N.; Hosseini, M.; Mehrparvar, M. (2020) Zoology in the Middle East 66 (1) 58-67.
- A new species of Oligoglena Horváth, 1912 (Hemiptera: Cicadidae) from Mediterranean Turkey. Mol, A. (2020) Zoology in the Middle East 66 (1) 46-57.
- Magnaporthiopsis cynodontis, a novel turfgrass pathogen with widespread distribution in the United States. Vines, P. L.; Hoffmann, F. G.; Meyer, F.; Allen, T. W.; Luo Jing; Zhang Ning; Tomaso-Peterson, M. (2020) Mycologia 112 (1) 52-63.
- Fusarium xyrophilum, sp. nov., a member of the Fusarium fujikuroi species complex recovered from pseudoflowers on yellow-eyed grass (Xyris spp.) from Guyana. Laraba, I.; Kim HyeSeon; Proctor, R. H.; Busman, M.; O’Donnell, K.; Felker, F. C.; Aime, M. C.; Koch, R. A.; Wurdack, K. J. (2020) Mycologia 112 (1) 39-51.
- First record of occurrence of Dervishiya cadambae on grapevine, Vitis vinifera, along with its morphological and molecular identification and pathogenicity evaluation potential of Metarhizium brunneum as its biocontrol agent. Yadav, D. S.; Mhaske, S. H.; Ranade, Y. H.; Ghule, S. B.; Shashank, P. R.; Yakovlev, R. V. (2020) Bulletin of Insectology 73 (1) 137-148.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here or to view results by your location click here.
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
Update: New Pest & Disease Records (08 March 2023)
This month’s pest alerts include the first report of Diaporthe phoenicicola causing leaf spot on blueberry in China. We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records th…
10 March 2023
Leave a Reply