We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this month include reports on three new species of ambrosia beetle in Great Britain and a new potyvirus isolated from Mirabilis jalapa in China.
- Life history and host range determination of Paectes n. sp. – a potential classical biological control agent of Brazilian peppertree in the United States. Jones, E.; Williams, D. A.; Wheeler, G. S. (2020) Biocontrol Science and Technology 30 (1) 1-18.
- First report of the oil palm disease fungus Marasmius palmivorus from Taiwan causing stem rot disease on native Formosa palm Arenga engleri as new host. Pham, M. T.; Huang, C. M.; Kirschner, R. (2020) Letters in Applied Microbiology 70 (3) 143-150.
- Morphological and molecular description of Longidorus behshahrensis n. sp. (Nematoda: Longidoridae) from natural forests of Abbas Abad, north of Iran. Amrei, S. B.; Peneva, V.; Rakhshandehroo, F.; Pedram, M. (2020) European Journal of Plant Pathology 156 (2) 387-398.
- On the typification of Ganoderma sichuanense (Agaricomycetes)-The widely cultivated lingzhi medicinal mushroom. Yao YiJian; Li Yu; Du Zhuo; Wang Ke; Wang XinCun; Kirk, P. M.; Spooner, B. M. (2020) International Journal of Medicinal Mushrooms 22 (1) 45-54.
- A potyvirus isolated from Mirabilis jalapa in China represents a new species. Zhang PengYuan; Li XiaoQin; Ren LongHui; Chen SuiYun; Wang JianGuang (2020) Archives of Virology 165 (2) 505-507.
- Novel positive-sense single-stranded RNA virus related to alphavirus-like viruses from Fusarium graminearum. Zhang Xing; Zhang HaoTian; Ma DongFang; Chen HuaiGu; Li Wei (2020) Archives of Virology 165 (2) 487-490.
- Complete sequence of a new bipartite begomovirus infecting Sida sp. in Northeastern Brazil. Macedo, M. A.; Rêgo-Machado, C. M.; Maliano, M. L.; Rojas, M. R.; Inoue-Nagata, A. K.; Gilbertson, R. L. (2020) Archives of Virology 165 (1) 253-256.
- Three new species of ambrosia beetles established in Great Britain illustrate unresolved risks from imported wood. Inward, D. J. G. (2020) Journal of Pest Science 93 (1) 117-126.
- Near-complete genome sequences of rice yellow mottle virus isolates from Senegal. Tall, H.; Aribi, J.; Camara, S.; Pinel-Galzi, A.; Poulicard, N.; Fargette, D.; Hébrard, E. (2020) Microbiology Resource Announcements 9 (2) e00937-19.
- Complete genome sequence of a new strain of Sida golden mosaic Buckup virus from Florida, USA. Iqbal, Z.; Arous, S.; Polston, J. E. (2020) Microbiology Resource Announcements 9 (2) e01115-19.
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
A Plantwise plant doctor in Cambodia advises a farmer on the diagnosis and treatment of a crop pest to help him increase his yield and livelihood (Credit: Enric Català for CABI) International Day of Plant Health – recently established by the United Nat…
12 May 2022