We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the first report of Trochoideus desjardinsi in Cuba. 8 new records of Curculionidae in Saudi Arabia and 3 new species of aphids in China.
- Localities of flower chafers (Coleoptera: Scarabaeidae: Cetoniinae) in the Palestinian Territories (West Bank). Handal, E. N.; Amr, Z. S. (2018) Jordan Journal of Biological Sciences (JJBS) 11 (4) 389-393.
- A new host and distribution record for the black coccinellid, Stethorus aptus Kapur (Coccinellidae: Coleoptera). Mahendiran Govindasamy; Sheikh Khursheed (2018) Egyptian Journal of Biological Pest Control 28 (53) (27 June 2018).
- Three species of aphids new to China from Beijing Botanic Garden (Hemiptera, Aphididae). Yu GuoYue; Zhou DaKang; Wang He (2018) Journal of Environmental Entomology 40 (3) 601-606.
- Ceroplastes cirripediformis Comstock: a new invasive pest in China (Hemiptera: Coccormorpha: Coccidae). Li Ge; Wang XuBo; Wu SanAn (2018) Chinese Journal of Applied Entomology 55 (3) 527-532.
- Epizootics of the entomopathogenic fungus, Entomophaga grylli (Entomophthorales: Entomophthoraceae), in a grasshopper population in Northwest China. Zhang LiWei; Zhang PengFei; Zhang Long (2018) Biocontrol Science and Technology 28 (9) 848-857.
- First record of a specialist folivore of Chromolaena odorata (Asteraceae) in Togo, and indices of its range expansion in Nigeria: implications for biological control. Aigbedion-Atalor, P. O.; Idemudia, I.; Adom, M.; Day, M. (2018) Biocontrol Science and Technology 28 (8) 805-810.
- New records of Curculionidae (Coleoptera) in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Rezk, M. H. (2018) Coleopterists Bulletin 72 (3) 625-628.
- The Cryptocephalinae (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae) of the Krasnoyarsk Krai (except for the Taymyrsky Dolgano-Nenetsky district), Siberia, Russia. Guskova, E. V.; Akulov, E. N.; Loshchev, S. M. (2018) Coleopterists Bulletin 72 (3) 565-576.
- A new species of the seed beetle genus Megacerus Fǻhraeus, 1839 (Coleoptera: Bruchidae) and redescription of Megacerus centralis (Pic), with a key to the Mexican species and new host and distribution records. Nápoles, J. R. (2018) Coleopterists Bulletin 72 (3) 531-540.
- First record of Trochoideus desjardinsi Guérin-Méneville, 1838 (Coleoptera: Endomychidae: Pleganophorinae) from Cuba. Shockley, F. W.; Kovalenko, Y. N. (2018) Coleopterists Bulletin 72 (3) 500-502.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here or to view results by your location click here.
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Leave a Reply
Related News & Blogs
Three types of training delivering plant health knowledge to Burundi’s farmers
How do you reach millions of farmers with tried-and-tested plant health advice? The answer is to train the plant health advisors. ©Nihimbazwe Paterne for CABI In Burundi, Plantwise has been doing just this. In March 2021, Plantwise started to train pla…
24 March 2023
[…] Update: New Pest & Disease Records (05 November 18) […]
[…] Update: New Pest & Disease Records (05 November 18)In “Agriculture” […]