We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the first report of Croicidolomia binotalis as a serious pest of Brassica vegetables in Kashmir, India; a new species of Anagyrus from China and a new species of Colletotrichum causing anthracnose of chili in the Philippines.
- New records of coleopterans on apple in Himachal Pradesh. Sushma Bhardwaj; Joginder Singh (2018) Indian Journal of Entomology 80 (2) 487-488.
- Leafhopper fauna associated with rice ecosystem in Thrissur District, Kerala. Khader, T. K. N. A.; Mathew, M. P. (2018) Indian Journal of Entomology 80 (2) 330-347.
- First report of Crocidolomia binotalis (Zeller) (Lepidoptera: Crambidae) as a serious pest of some Brassica vegetable crops in Kashmir. Bhat, D. M. (2018) Journal of Entomological Research 42 (2) 255-258.
- A new Colletotrichum species causing anthracnose of chilli in the Philippines and its pathogenicity to chilli cultivar Django. Cueva, F. M. dela; Mendoza, J. S.; Balendres, M. A. (2018) Crop Protection 112 264-268.
- Genetic diversity of Phytophthora pluvialis, a pathogen of conifers, in New Zealand and the west coast of the United States of America. Brar, S.; Tabima, J. F.; McDougal, R. L.; Dupont, P. Y.; Feau, N.; Hamelin, R. C.; Panda, P.; Leboldus, J. M.; Grünwald, N. J.; Hansen, E. M.; Bradshaw, R. E.; Williams, N. M. (2018) Plant Pathology 67 (5) 1131-1139.
- Molecular phylogenetics and microsatellite analysis reveal a new pathogenic Ceratocystis species in the Asian-Australian clade. Liu, F. F.; Barnes, I.; Roux, J.; Wingfield, M. J.; Chen, S. F. (2018) Plant Pathology 67 (5) 1097-1113.
- Fusarium metavorans sp. nov.: the frequent opportunist ‘FSSC6’. Al-Hatmi, A. M. S.; Ahmed, S. A.; Diepeningen, A. D. van; Drogari-Apiranthitou, M.; Verweij, P. E.; Meis, J. F.; Hoog, G. S. de (2018) Medical Mycology 56 (Suppl. 1) 144-152.
- A new species of Anagyrus (Hymenoptera: Encyrtidae) from China, parasitoid of Phenacoccus solani Ferris (Hemiptera: Pseudococcidae) on Lycoris radiata (L’Her.) Herb. Zu GuoHao; Wang YuanHong; Zhang YanZhou; Li ChengDe; Zhang Xu (2018) Phytoparasitica 46 (2) 197-201.
- Detection and identification of a ‘Candidatus phytoplasma aurantifolia’-related strain (16SrII-A subgroup) associated with Corchorus aestuans phyllody in China. Li Yan; Chen Wang (2018) Journal of General Plant Pathology 84 (3) 243-245.
- Porophyllum Guettard (Asteraceae), a newly naturalized genus to China. Wu BaoHuan; Zhao WanYi; Shi WenTing; Yang HaiJun; Cui DaFang (2018) Journal of Tropical and Subtropical Botany 26 (3) 299-301.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here or to view results by your location click here.
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
Penn State University’s Nuru app project has been awarded further funding to expand the reach of crop diseases and support farmers at a global scale (© Pexels) An extension grant has been awarded to the PlantVillage Nuru project, developing an artifici…
13 March 2020