We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the first report of Melon necrotic spot virus in Brazil, the first report of chrysanthemum stem blight and dieback (caused by Tomato spotted wilt virus) in China and the first report of Tomato leaf curl New Delhi virus infecting zucchini/courgette in Morocco.
- Virus diseases and viruses of cultivated and wild-growing Solanaceous plants in Hungary. 9. Resevoir host plants and pathological variability of Henbane mosaic virus (HMV). Salamon, P. (2018) Növényvédelem 54 (4) 160-170.
- Two new species of Larinus Dejean from North Africa (Coleoptera: Curculionidae), with a key to the stripedLarinus (s.str.). Gültekİn, L.; Perrín, H. (2018) Annales de la Société Entomologique de France 54 (1) 27-44.
- First report of Melon necrotic spot virus in melon plantations in Brazil. Moura, M. C. F.; Holanda, I. S. A.; Júnior, R. S.; Queiroz, A. P. O.; Araújo, E. O. A.; Oliveira, G. D. C.; Nunes, G. H. S.; Nagata, T.; Negreiros, A. M. P. (2018) Plant Disease 102 (5) 1048-2048.
- First report of natural infection of Watermelon mosaic virus on Lagerstroemia indica in China. Wu, X.; Cheng, X.; Li, W. (2018) Plant Disease 102 (5) 1048.
- First report of chrysanthemum stem blight and dieback caused by Tomato spotted wilt virus in China. Chen, D. L.; Luo, C.; Liu, H.; Li, X. M.; Cheng, X.; Li, M. Y.; Wang, L. L.; Huang, C. L. (2018) Plant Disease 102 (5) 1047-1048.
- First report of Cucurbit aphid-borne yellows virus infecting Cucurbita pepo in Oklahoma. Khanal, V.; Ali, A. (2018) Plant Disease 102 (5) 1046-1047.
- First report of Plantago asiatica mosaic virus in Rehmannia glutinosa in Korea. Kwak, H. R.; Kim, M.; Kim, J.; Choi, H. S.; Seo, J. K.; Ko, S. J.; Kim, J. S. (2018) Plant Disease 102 (5) 1046.
- First report of Little cherry virus 1 and 2 in sweet cherry in Korea. Cho, S. Y.; Kim, H.; Yi, S. I. (2018) Plant Disease 102 (5) 1045-1046.
- First report of Tomato leaf curl New Delhi virus infecting zucchini in Morocco. Sifres, A.; Sáez, C.; Ferriol, M.; Selmani, E. A.; Riado, J.; Picó, B.; López, C. (2018) Plant Disease 102 (5) 1045.
- First report of a typical calico-associated isolate of Peach latent mosaic viroid from calico disease-affected peach trees in Korea. Cho, I. S.; Kim, S. J.; Kwon, S. J.; Yoon, J. Y.; Chung, B. N.; Hammond, J.; Ju, H. K.; Lim, H. S. (2018) Plant Disease 102 (5) 1044-1045
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here or to view results by your location click here.
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
Pests do not recognise borders. With the increased movement of people and goods, comes the increased risk of pests moving from one geographic area to another. For this reason, it is important to identify and categorize species that are likely to enter…
21 October 2021