The Plantwise Annual Report is an update on the programme, listing key highlights along with details on progress, lessons learned and next steps for each of the three programme components: Plant Health Systems Development, the Knowledge Bank and Monitoring & Evaluation.
Highlights include (cumulative numbers):
- 9.8 million farmers have been reached directly and indirectly through plant clinics, plant health rallies, and mass extension campaigns;
- 6,787 agricultural extension staff have been trained as plant doctors, with local trainers responsible for over half of the training workshops;
- 2,292 plant clinics have been established, 432 of which are equipped with tablet computers.
- 318,000 Plantwise Knowledge Bank visits in 2016 (37% of visits from Plantwise countries). This represents an increase of 65% from 2015 and 1 million cumulative visits since launch.
- 253,000 plant clinic queries from all 33 active Plantwise countries reported in the Plantwise Online Management System.
- Over 12,500 factsheets available through the online Plantwise Knowledge Bank.
The full report is available for download here.
Related News & Blogs
Plant doctors inspect crop samples at a plant clinics in Mangalam village, India. (Photo: Sanjit Das for CABI) It has been proven that access to extension services is one of the key pathways to enhancing technology uptake, promoting innovations, and im…
4 November 2019