The Plantwise Annual Report is an update on the programme, listing key highlights along with details on progress, lessons learned and next steps for each of the three programme components: Plant Health Systems Development, the Knowledge Bank and Monitoring & Evaluation.
Highlights include (cumulative numbers):
- 9.8 million farmers have been reached directly and indirectly through plant clinics, plant health rallies, and mass extension campaigns;
- 6,787 agricultural extension staff have been trained as plant doctors, with local trainers responsible for over half of the training workshops;
- 2,292 plant clinics have been established, 432 of which are equipped with tablet computers.
- 318,000 Plantwise Knowledge Bank visits in 2016 (37% of visits from Plantwise countries). This represents an increase of 65% from 2015 and 1 million cumulative visits since launch.
- 253,000 plant clinic queries from all 33 active Plantwise countries reported in the Plantwise Online Management System.
- Over 12,500 factsheets available through the online Plantwise Knowledge Bank.
The full report is available for download here.
Related News & Blogs
>> Latest quiz just added Plantwise plant doctors are at the heart of our plant clinic network providing advice and information to farmers, logging their data for the Plantwise Knowledge Bank, and always adapting to new outbreaks and technologies…
18 March 2020