Scientific Animations without Borders (SAWBO) has released a mobile app for viewing their videos on agrilcuture, health and women’s empowerment.
SAWBO has developed more than 30 different 2D and 3D animations with voice-overs in over 50 different (majority African) languages. They have now released a mobile app that is available for any compatible Android device. Download the app in the Google Play market to access the entire library of animations. You can then download as many videos as you want, and share them with anyone through bluetooth.
SAWBO is a University of Illinois-based programme. They work in three main areas: agriculture, health and women’s empowerment. They transform extension information into animations, which are then voice overlaid into a range of languages from around the world. All SAWBO animations are made freely available to anyone wishing to use them for educational purposes. Animations can be downloaded from SAWBO channels and used on computers, tablets, cell phones, TVs, and overhead projection systems.
Agricultural videos include “Biocontrol of legume pod borer (Maruca vitrata)”, “Natural insecticide from neem seeds” and a number of videos on preventing postharvest loss.
Here’s the full list of videos developed around agriculture:
- Biocontrol of Legume Pod Borer (Maruca vitrata)
- Cooking With Soy!
- Natural Insecticide from Neem Seeds
- Natural Insecticide from Neem Seeds (With female and male character)
- Postharvest Loss: Bag Stacking
- Postharvest Loss: Bag Transportation
- Postharvest Loss: Bulk Transportation
- Postharvest Loss: Storage
- Postharvest Loss: Salt Testing for Grain Moisture Levels
- Solar Treating of Cowpea Seeds
- Survival Gardening: How to Create Compost (2D)
- Survival Gardening: How to Create Compost (3D)
- Survival Gardening: Raised Planting Beds
- Survival Gardening: Drip Irrigation
- Row Planting of Teff
- Tef (Teff) Transplanting Technology
- Charcoal Water Filtration
- How to Remove The Poison from Cassava Flour
- Improved Method of Shea Butter Processing
- The Jerrycan Method for ProperBean Storage (coming soon)
- Quality Shea Nuts – BestPractices for Production
African Languages (examples):
AM|Amharic (Ethiopia) BBA|Bariba/Batonu (Benin) DDN|Dendi (Benin) DYU|Dioula (Burkina Faso) EN1|English (Nigeria) FAT|Fante (Ghana) FON|Fon (Benin) FR2|French (Congo) FR6|French (Benin) FUH|Fulfulde (Burkina Faso) GAZ|Afan Oromo (Ethiopia) GUW|Goun (Benin) HA|Hausa (Niger) LN|Lingala (Congo) PES| SBD|San (Burkina Faso) TIR|Tigrigna (Ethiopia) WO|Wolof (Senegal) ZU|Zulu
Leave a Reply
Related News & Blogs
A greater role for educational animation in extension?
Blog contributed by Nick Quist Nathaniels, Independent Consultant, Denmark A freeze-frame from animation showing a mouldy groundnut kernel © CCRP/ McKnight Foundation Computer animations are a rather special and exciting communication medium. For examp…
14 October 2016
Reblogged this on INNOVATING AGRIBUSINESS.