Here’s a taste of some of the latest stories about plant health, including the promotion of grain storage bags to prevent pest damage in Kenya, the fight against herbicide-resistant weeds and managing Fusarium wilt disease in watermelon.
Click on the link to read more of the latest plant health news!
- Farmers in Kenya demonstrate the effectiveness of PICS grain storage bags in preventing pest damage
International Association for the Plant Protection Sciences, 8th October 2014
- Policy Seminar: Food Consumption Patterns and Nutritional Status in Pakistan
IFPRI info, 7th October 2014
- The Year of the IPPC Official Contact Point (2014/15)
IPPC News, 7th October 2014
- Brazil: Portable detection for citrus greening
Fresh Plaza, 7th October 2014
- Africa: Ministers Meet At FAO to Discuss Role of Commodity Markets
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 6th October 2014
- Kenya: Varsity Researchers to Help Curb Elgeyo Maize Disease
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 29th September 2014
- How we can fight against herbicide-resistant weeds
International Association for the Plant Protection Sciences, 25th September 2014
- Can genetic engineering help food crops better tolerate drought?
EurekAlert – Agriculture, 25th September 2014
- Managing diseases caused by Fusarium: The case of watermelon wilt
MSU Extension, 25th September 2014
- Influência do nitrogênio na qualidade do trigo
Embrapa, 23rd September 2014
See more plant health news on the Plantwise Knowledge Bank.
If there’s another news story you’d like to highlight, please post a comment below.