Here’s a taste of some of the latest stories about plant health, including the effects of typhoons in Taiwan and China, a new strategy for almond irrigation in California and a crackdown on fake seed sellers in Kenya.
Click on the link to read more of the latest plant health news!
- Agricultural losses from Typhoon Matmo reach nearly US$20 million
Fresh Plaza, 29th July 2014
- Coffee Rust in Guatemala
Environmental News Network, 28th July 2014
- New research aims to boost pea downy mildew resistance
Farmers Guardian, 26th July 2014
- Chinese banana harvest destroyed by typhoon
Fresh Plaza, 25th July 2014
- Kenya: Crackdown On Sellers of Fake Seeds
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 24th July 2014
- New hope for powdery mildew resistant barley
EurekAlert – Agriculture, 24th July 2014
- California almonds saved by diverting water from veggies
Fresh Plaza, 17th July 2014
- Kenya: Governors Urge State to Lift Ban On GMO Foods
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 17th July 2014
- Ghana: Tomato Disease Attacks Farms In Agotime-Ziope
Daily Guide, 11th July 2014
- The Coconut Graveyards of Mozambique
Concern Worldwide, 22nd June 2014
See more plant health news on the Plantwise Knowledge Bank.
If there’s another news story you’d like to highlight, please post a comment below.
Related News & Blogs
Update: New Pest & Disease Records (08 March 2023)
This month’s pest alerts include the first report of Diaporthe phoenicicola causing leaf spot on blueberry in China. We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records th…
10 March 2023
Leave a Reply