Here’s a taste of some of the latest stories about plant health, including the discovery of how pests develop resistance to biotech cotton, the intensification of the battle against coffee rust, and a biodiversity assessment of over 10,000 Ghanaian cocoa farms.
Click on the link to read more of the latest plant health news!
- Scientists discover genetic basis of pest resistance to biotech cotton
EurekAlert – Agriculture, 19th May 2014
- Colombia: Banana production declined by 30 percent due to drought
Fresh Plaza, 19th May 2014
- Coffee Rust Battle Intensifies
Scientific American, 18th May 2014
- Ethiopia: Thought for Food
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 18th May 2014
- Bangladesh to introduce late blight resistant potato variety
Fresh Plaza, 16th May 2014
- Move over rice, baobab and spider plant could be the new staple crops
The Guardian | Global development: Food security, 16th May 2014
- Study Says Some Crops are Less Nutritious as CO2 Levels Rise
Crop Biotech Update, 14th May 2014
- Mapping the biodiversity status of over 10,000 Ghanaian cocoa farms
Bioversity International, 13th May 2014
- Indian banana farmers seek relief after crop damage
Fresh Plaza, 12th May 2014
- Cultural change in Kenyan banana farming
SciDev.Net, 12th May 2014
See more plant health news on the Plantwise Knowledge Bank.
If there’s another news story you’d like to highlight, please post a comment below.
Related News & Blogs
In Ethiopia, smallholder farmers are the mainstay of the economy, with the country’s large rural communities dependent on small-scale farming for food security and income. However, farmers face several challenges when trying to improve crop yields, in…
19 July 2021