We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the first report of Fusarium maize ear rot caused by Fusarium kyushuense in China, the first report of Tobacco streak virus infecting pigeon pea in India and the identification of the pathogen causing black rot in sugarcane.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- First report of leaf spot caused by Cladosporium perangustum on Syagrus oleracea in Brazil.
Oliveira, R. R.; Aguiar, R. L.; Tessmann, D. J.; Nunes, W. M. C.; Santos, A. F.; Vida, J. B. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (2) 280-281.
- New records of uredinales (Basidiomycota) from azad Jammu and Kashmir and adjacent Northern Areas of Pakistan.
Malka Saba; Niazi, A. R. K.; Khalid, A. N. (2013) International Journal of Agriculture and Biology 15 (5) 878-884.
- First report of Fusarium maize ear rot caused by Fusarium kyushuense in China.
Wang, J. H.; Li, H. P.; Zhang, J. B.; Wang, B. T.; Liao, Y. C. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (2) 279-280.
- First report of brown blight disease caused by Colletotrichum gloeosporioides on Camellia sinensis in Anhui Province, China.
Guo, M.; Pan, Y. M.; Dai, Y. L.; Gao, Z. M. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (2) 284.
- First report of Tomato chlorotic spot virus in processing tomatoes in the Dominican Republic.
Batuman, O.; Rojas, M. R.; Almanzar, A.; Gilbertson, R. L. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (2) 286.
- First report of Ralstonia solanacearum race 2 biovar 1 causing moko disease of banana in Malaysia.
Zulperi, D.; Sijam, K. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (2) 275.
- First report of Tobacco streak virus infecting pigeon pea (Cajanus cajan) in India.
Vemana, K.; Goud, T. E. S.; Reddy, D. L.; Venkateswarlu, N. C.; Naik, K. S. S.; Kumar, D. S.; Latha, Y. P.; Desai, S. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (2) 287.
- First report of Potato virus Y in potato in West Java, Indonesia.
Damayanti, T. A.; Alabi, O. J.; Hidayat, S. H.; Crosslin, J. M.; Naidu, R. A. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (2) 287.
- Identification of the pathogen causing black rot in sugarcane (Saccharum sinensis).
Li Jie; Li YongChuan; Yang Hong; Yu Lei; Huang Qiong (2014) Journal of Yunnan University – Natural Sciences Edition 36 (1) 139-143.
- First report of Lasiodiplodia theobromae causing inflorescence blight and fruit rot of longan (Dimocarpus longan L.) in Puerto Rico.
Serrato-Diaz, L. M.; Rivera-Vargas, L. I.; Goenaga, R.; French-Monar, R. D. (2014) Disease 98 (2) 279.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
This article was originally published on prise.org An estimated 40% of the world’s crops are lost to pests impacting on smallholder farmers’ ability to feed their families, on international trade and food supply chains and hampering the pursuit of Sust…
26 June 2020