We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include a report on the abundance and species richness of leafhoppers and planthoppers in Brazilian maize, the first report of root rot caused by Phytophthora nicotianae in avocado in Cuba and the first report of Konjac mosaic virus in elephant foot yam in India.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- Species diversity and distribution of lepidopteran stem borers in South Africa and Mozambique.
Moolman, J.; Berg, J. van den; Conlong, D.; Cugala, D.; Siebert, S.; le Ru, B. (2014) Journal of Applied Entomology 138 (1/2) 52-66.
- Incidence and characterization of Potato virus V infections in Iran.
Shamsadden-Saeed, F.; Massumi, H.; Moradi, S.; Maddahian, M.; Heydarnejad, J.; Pour, A. H.; Varsani, A. (2014) Indian Journal of Virology 25 (1) 78-84.
- Geosmithia morbida, thousand cankers disease of black walnut pathogen, was found for the first time in southwestern Ohio.
Fisher, J. R.; McCann, D. P.; Taylor, N. J. (2013) Plant Health Progress December, PHP-2013-1201-01-BR.
- A new blight disease of rice caused by Curvularia lunata from Uttar Pradesh.
Kamaluddeen; Sobita Simon; Lal, A. A. (2013) International Journal of Agricultural Science and Research (IJASR) 3 (5) 13-15.
- New records of cherimoya fruit borer Talponia batesi Heinrich (Lepidoptera: Tortricidae) in Mexico.
Castañeda-Vildózola, Á.; Franco-Mora, O.; Valdez-Carrasco, J.; Aguilar-Medel, S.; Ortiz-Curiel, S.; Ruiz-Montiel, C. (2013) Southwestern Entomologist 38 (3) 535-539.
- Isolation of Geotrichum candidum pathogenic to tomato (Solanum lycopersicum) in Washington State.
Bourret, T. B.; Kramer, E. K.; Rogers, J. D.; Glawe, D. A. (2013) North American Fungi 8 (14) 1-7.
- Outbreak of Fusarium wilt in seedless watermelon seedlings in the Northern Territory, Australia.
Tran-Nguyen, L. T. T.; Condé, B. D.; Smith, S. H.; Ulyatt, L. I. (2013) Australasian Plant Disease Notes 8 (1) 5-8.
- Abundance and species richness of leafhoppers and planthoppers (Hemiptera: Cicadellidae and Delphacidae) in Brazilian maize crops.
Oliveira, C. M. de; Oliveira, E. de; Souza, I. R. P. de; Alves, E.; Dolezal, W.; Paradell, S.; Lenicov, A. M. M. de R.; Frizzas, M. R. (2013) Florida Entomologist 96 (4) 1470-1481.
- First report of root rot caused by Phytophthora nicotianae in avocado trees (Persea americana) in Cuba.
Machado, M.; Collazo, C.; Peña, M.; Coto, O.; López, M. O. (2013) New Disease Reports 28, 9.
- First report of Konjac mosaic virus in elephant foot yam (Amorphophallus paeoniifolius) from India.
Padmavathi, M.; Srinivas, K. P.; Hema, M.; Sreenivasulu, P. (2013) Australasian Plant Disease Notes 8 (1) 27-29.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
This month’s pest alerts include a record of an aphid species that is new to the Netherlands (photo © Ho Jung Yoo, Purdue University – via Wikimedia Commons) We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests an…
12 November 2019