Update: New Pest & Disease Records (20 Feb 13)
February 20, 2013 Leave a comment
We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the first report of Ralstonia solanacearum causing tomato bacterial wilt in Mexico, occurrences of a new fruit rot of peach caused by Hyphodermella rosae in northern Iran and the first report of Nigrospora sphaerica (Sacc.) Mason as a potential pathogen on date palm (Phoenix dactylifera L.).
- First report of Ralstonia solanacearum causing tomato bacterial wilt in Mexico.
Hernández-Romano, J., Ramírez-Rojas, S., Ydrac-Morales, C. J. (2012) New Disease Reports 26, 22.
- First report of Nigrospora sphaerica (Sacc.) Mason as a potential pathogen on date palm (Phoenix dactylifera L.).
Abass, M. H., Hameed, M. A., Ahmed, A. N. (2013) Canadian Journal of Plant Pathology 35 (1) 75-80.
- Occurrences of a new fruit rot of peach caused by Hyphodermella rosae in northern Iran.
Babaeizad, V., Sayari, M., Rahimian, H. (2012) New Disease Reports 26, 1.
- East African cassava mosaic virus-Uganda (EACMV-UG) and African cassava mosaic virus (ACMV) reported for the first time in Central African Republic and Chad.
Zinga, I., Harimalala, M., Bruyn, A. de, Hoareau, M., Mandakombo, N., Semballa, S., Reynaud, B., Lefeuvre, P., Lett, J. M. (2012) New Disease Reports 26, 17.
- Two new records of smut fungi for Panama and new combinations into the genus Tolyposporium.
Piepenbring, M., Yilmaz, E., Weisenborn, J. L. F. (2013) Tropical Plant Pathology 38 (1) 3-10.
- Zymoseptoria ardabiliae and Z. pseudotritici, two progenitor species of the septoria tritici leaf blotch fungus Z. tritici (synonym: Mycosphaerella graminicola).
Stukenbrock, E. H., Quaedvlieg, W., Javan-Nikhah, M., Zala, M., Crous, P. W., McDonald, B. A. (2012) Mycologia 104 (6) 1397-1407.
- Phytophthora × serendipita sp. nov. and P. × pelgrandis, two destructive pathogens generated by natural hybridization.
Man in ‘t Veld, W. A., Rosendahl, K. C. H. M., Hong, C. X. (2012) Mycologia 104 (6) 1390-1396.
- First report of a 16SrII-D phytoplasma ‘Candidatus Phytoplasma australasia‘ associated with a tomato disease in India.
Jitender Singh, Anchal Rani, Pankaj Kumar, Baranwal, V. K., Saroj, P. L., Anil Sirohi (2012) New Disease Reports 26, 14.
- First report of a ‘Candidatus Phytoplasma asteris‘ (16SrI group) associated with little leaf disease of Solanum melongena (brinjal) in India.
Kumar, J., Gunapati, S., Singh, S. P., Lalit, A., Sharma, N. C., Tuli, R. (2012) New Disease Reports 26, 21.
- Diversity and distribution of co-infecting Botryosphaeriaceae from Eucalyptus grandis and Syzygium cordatum in South Africa.
Pillay, K., Slippers, B., Wingfield, M. J., Gryzenhout, M. (2013) South African Journal of Botany 84, 38-43.
- Click on the links to view the abstracts:
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here (>32,000 results)
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.