We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this month include the first report of Spotted-wing drosophila associated with Actinidia kolomikta and the first report of anthracnose caused by Colletotrichum fructicola on Brassica parachinensis in China.
- Occurrence, identification and pathogenicity of Fusarium species associated with guava wilt disease in India. Gangaraj, R.; Nagaraja, A.; Swati Gaba; Amrita Das; Prameeladevi, T.; Rubin Debbarma; Choudhary, S. P.; Anjali Kumari; Deeba Kamil (2022) Archives of Phytopathology and Plant Protection 55 (2) 175-197.
- New geographic distribution and molecular diversity of Citrus chlorotic dwarf-associated virus in China. Yang Zhen; Zhang Lan; Zhao JinFa; Zhang XingKai; Wang Ying; Li TaiSheng; Zhang Wei; Zhou Yan (2022) Journal of Integrative Agriculture 21 (1) 293-298.
- Grapevine defoliation by Spodoptera frugiperda Smith, 1797 (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae) in Brazil. Bortolotto, O. C.; Pomari-Fernandes, A.; Souza, G. R. B. de (2022) Ciência Rural 52 (7).
- Four novel mycoviruses from the hypovirulent Botrytis cinerea SZ-2-3y isolate from Paris polyphylla: molecular characterisation and mitoviral sequence transboundary entry into plants. Wang Qiong; Zou Qi; Dai ZhaoJi; Hong Ni; Wang GuoPing; Wang LiPing (2022) Viruses 14 (1).
- Molecular phylogeny and morphological characterization of the aetiological agent of sour rot on fruits and vegetables in Brazil. Paes, S. A.; Rosado, A. W. C.; Reis, A.; Pereira, O. L. (2022) Plant Pathology 71 (2) 386-399.
- First report of anthracnose caused by Colletotrichum fructicola on Brassica parachinensis in China. Yu Lin; Lan GuoBing; Yang YuGuo; Tang YaFei; Li ZhengGang; She XiaoMan; He ZiFu (2022) Crop Protection 154.
- Additions to invasive flora of Pakistan including two new generic records. Amir Sultan; Shah, S. A.; Mahrine Rashid (2022) Pakistan Journal of Botany 54 (1) 243-248.
- First report of Spotted-wing drosophila (Diptera: Drosophilidae) associated with Actinidia kolomikta. Wannemuehler, S. D.; Tran, A. K. (2022) Acta Horticulturae 1332 137-140.
- A novel high-throughput sequencing approach reveals the presence of a new virus infecting Rosa: rosa ilarvirus-1 (RIV-1). Vazquez-Iglesias, I.; McGreig, S.; Pufal, H.; Robinson, R.; Clover, G. R. G.; Fox, A.; Boonham, N.; Adams, I. P. (2022) Journal of Virological Methods 300.
- New host plant records. Drew, R. A. I.; Romig, M. C. (2022) The fruit fly fauna (Diptera: Tephritideae: Dacinae) of Papua New Guinea, Indonesian Papua, Associated Islands and Bougainville 81-81.
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
This month’s pest alerts include information about five new introduced terrestrial slugs in Hungary. Photograph by RodrigoQuarteu. We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstrac…
11 September 2023