We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this month include the first report on black spot disease of Phyllanthus emblica fruits caused by Thielaviopsis paradoxa in Bangladesh and the first record of broad headed bugs on Dalbergia sissoo from India.
- Aphid species, their natural enemies in vegetables from erzincan, Turkey: first record of the parasitoid wasp Aphelinus Mali (haldeman) parasitizing Lipaphis erysimi (kaltenbach). Alaserhat, İ.; Canbay, A.; Özdemir, I. (2021) Tarim Bilimleri Dergisi 27 (1) 16-25.
- First report on black spot disease of Phyllanthus emblica L. fruits caused by Thielaviopsis paradoxa in Bangladesh. Sikder, M. M.; Ahmmed, M. S.; Sultana, A.; Alam, N. (2021) International Journal of Agricultural Research, Innovation and Technology 10 (2) 38-46.
- First record of broad headed bugs (Hemiptera: Heteroptera: Alydidae) on shisham (Dalbergia sissoo) from Jharkhand, India. Sailesh Chattopadhyay (2021) Journal of Experimental Zoology, India 24 (1) 203-205.
- Pathogen identification and selection of controlling fungicides of leaf blight of Platycladus orientalis at the Mausoleum of Yellow Emperor. Li PeiQin (2021) Journal of Northwest A & F University – Natural Science Edition 49 (1) 74-84.
- Fusarium species associated with leaf spots of mango in China. Guo ZhenNi; Yu ZhiHe; Li QiLi; Tang LiHua; Guo TangXun; Huang SuiPing; Mo JianYou; Hsiang Tom; Luo ShuMing (2021) Microbial Pathogenesis 150.
- First report of Colletotrichum asianum associated with mango fruit anthracnose in Indonesia. Benatar, G. V.; Wibowo, A.; Suryanti (2021) Crop Protection 141.
- First report of leaf blight disease of Euonymus japonicus caused by Botryosphaeria dothidea in China. Fan Rong; Tian ShanJun; Long YouHua; Zhao ZhiBo (2021) Crop Protection 141.
- Ecology-based analysis of a recent association between Spartium junceum and 16SrV phytoplasma. Rizza, S.; Rossi, M.; Spallino, R. E.; Tedeschi, R.; Marzachì, C.; Catara, V.; Tessitori, M. (2021) Plant Pathology 70 (2) 305-317.
- Stem rot caused by Fusarium oxysporum f. sp.opuntiarum on Mammillaria painteri in Italy. Bertetti, D.; Pensa, P.; Matić, S.; Gullino, M. L.; Garibaldi, A. (2020) Phytopathologia Mediterranea 59 (2) 365-369.
- Fast recognition of Lecanicillium spp., and its virulence against Frankliniella occidentalis. Zhou YeMing; Zou Xiao; Zhi JunRui; Xie JiQin; Jiang Tao (2020) Frontiers in Microbiology 11 (October).
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.