We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include a record of Yamatochaitophorus yichunensis, a new species of aphid from northeast China, a report on Rust (Olivea neotectonae) occurrence on teak plants in Sergipe, Brazil and a new record of a genus and two species of whiteflies (Hemiptera: Aleyrodidae) from India.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- Yamatochaitophorus yichunensis, a new species of aphid (Aphididae: Chaitophorinae) from northeast China.
Jiang LiYun; Chen Jing; Qiao GeXia (2016) ZooKeys (612) 41-49.
- Sclerotinia sclerotiorum (Lib.) de Bary – first report on cultivated Camelina sativa in Romania.
Cristea, S.; Jurcoane, S. (2016) Romanian Biotechnological Letters 21 (4) 11682-11683.
- Arabidopsis thaliana contains both Ni2+ and Zn2+ dependent Glyoxalase I enzymes and ectopic expression of the latter contributes more towards abiotic stress tolerance in E. coli.
Muskan Jain; Rituraj Batth; Sumita Kumari; Ananda Mustafiz (2016) PLoS ONE 11 (7) e0159348.
- First report of Ocimum gratissimum as a new host for pathogenic fungus Alternaria alternata causing leaf spot disease in Uttar Pradesh, India.
Kumar, S.; Singh, R.; Chaurasia, B. M.; Kamal (2016) Journal of Plant Pathology and Microbiology 7 (7) 361.
- Rust (Olivea neotectonae) occurrence on teak plants in Sergipe, Brazil.
Mesquita, J. B.; Santos, Í. T. B. F. dos; Ribeiro, G. T.; Santos, M. J. C. dos (2016) Summa Phytopathologica 42 (3) 278-279.
- Occurrence of target spot, caused by Corynespora cassiicola, on cotton plants in Dourados, Mato Grosso do Sul State.
Goulart, A. C. P.; Lamas, F. M. (2016) Summa Phytopathologica 42 (3) 271-272.
- Use of RCA-PCR assay for detection of Begomovirus infection in Bhut Jolokia (Capsicum assamicum) in Tezpur region of Assam, India.
Ajitabh Bora; Gogoi, H. K.; Kalita, M. C. (2016) South Asian Journal of Experimental Biology 6 (2) 64-69.
- New record of a genus and two species of whiteflies (Hemiptera: Aleyrodidae) from India.
Revathi, T. G.; Sundararaj, R. (2016) Entomon 41 (2) 121-124.
- Collophora hispanica, a new pathogen and potential threat to the almond industry in Iran.
Arzanlou, M.; Ghasemi, S.; Bagheri, M. B. (2016) Journal of Phytopathology 164 (10) 833-839.
- Host-parasite relationships in root-knot disease caused by Meloidogyne inornata in common bean (Phaseolus vulgaris).
Dadazio, T. S.; Silva, S. A. da; Dorigo, O. F.; Wilcken, S. R. S.; Machado, A. C. Z. (2016) Journal of Phytopathology 164 (10) 735-744.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here or to view results by your location click here.
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
This month’s pest alerts includes two new species of weevil in the Philippines. (Photo: Pexels) We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this month include repo…
9 October 2019