We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include a record of Yamatochaitophorus yichunensis, a new species of aphid from northeast China, a report on Rust (Olivea neotectonae) occurrence on teak plants in Sergipe, Brazil and a new record of a genus and two species of whiteflies (Hemiptera: Aleyrodidae) from India.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- Yamatochaitophorus yichunensis, a new species of aphid (Aphididae: Chaitophorinae) from northeast China.
Jiang LiYun; Chen Jing; Qiao GeXia (2016) ZooKeys (612) 41-49.
- Sclerotinia sclerotiorum (Lib.) de Bary – first report on cultivated Camelina sativa in Romania.
Cristea, S.; Jurcoane, S. (2016) Romanian Biotechnological Letters 21 (4) 11682-11683.
- Arabidopsis thaliana contains both Ni2+ and Zn2+ dependent Glyoxalase I enzymes and ectopic expression of the latter contributes more towards abiotic stress tolerance in E. coli.
Muskan Jain; Rituraj Batth; Sumita Kumari; Ananda Mustafiz (2016) PLoS ONE 11 (7) e0159348.
- First report of Ocimum gratissimum as a new host for pathogenic fungus Alternaria alternata causing leaf spot disease in Uttar Pradesh, India.
Kumar, S.; Singh, R.; Chaurasia, B. M.; Kamal (2016) Journal of Plant Pathology and Microbiology 7 (7) 361.
- Rust (Olivea neotectonae) occurrence on teak plants in Sergipe, Brazil.
Mesquita, J. B.; Santos, Í. T. B. F. dos; Ribeiro, G. T.; Santos, M. J. C. dos (2016) Summa Phytopathologica 42 (3) 278-279.
- Occurrence of target spot, caused by Corynespora cassiicola, on cotton plants in Dourados, Mato Grosso do Sul State.
Goulart, A. C. P.; Lamas, F. M. (2016) Summa Phytopathologica 42 (3) 271-272.
- Use of RCA-PCR assay for detection of Begomovirus infection in Bhut Jolokia (Capsicum assamicum) in Tezpur region of Assam, India.
Ajitabh Bora; Gogoi, H. K.; Kalita, M. C. (2016) South Asian Journal of Experimental Biology 6 (2) 64-69.
- New record of a genus and two species of whiteflies (Hemiptera: Aleyrodidae) from India.
Revathi, T. G.; Sundararaj, R. (2016) Entomon 41 (2) 121-124.
- Collophora hispanica, a new pathogen and potential threat to the almond industry in Iran.
Arzanlou, M.; Ghasemi, S.; Bagheri, M. B. (2016) Journal of Phytopathology 164 (10) 833-839.
- Host-parasite relationships in root-knot disease caused by Meloidogyne inornata in common bean (Phaseolus vulgaris).
Dadazio, T. S.; Silva, S. A. da; Dorigo, O. F.; Wilcken, S. R. S.; Machado, A. C. Z. (2016) Journal of Phytopathology 164 (10) 735-744.
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.