We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include a new report of Cycas revoluta leaf necrosis by Phoma herbarum from Pakistan, the first report of Pseudomonas syringae pv. syringae causing bacterial leaf blight on Miscanthus × giganteus in the Republic of Korea, and new and earlier unnoted mealybugs and felt scale species from Morocco.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- Parasitoids and predators of the citrus mealybug, Planococcus citri (Risso) (Hemiptera: Pseudococcidae) infesting the herb, Withania somnifera, a new host plant in Egypt.
Attia, A. R.; Awadallah, K. T. (2016) Egyptian Journal of Biological Pest Control 26 (2) 245-248.
- Parasitism and pathogenicity of Radopholus similis to Ipomoea aquatica, Basella rubra and Cucurbita moschata and genetic diversity of different populations.
Li Yu; Wang Ke; Xie Hui; Xu ChunLing; Wang DongWei; Li Jing; Huang Xin; Peng XiaoFang (2016) Journal of Integrative Agriculture 15 (1) 120-134.
- First report of Pseudomonas syringae pv. syringae causing bacterial leaf blight on Miscanthus × giganteus.
Choi OkHee; Kang ByungSam; Cho SuKyung; Park JiYeong; Lee YeYeong; Kim WonIl; Kim JinWoo (2016) Journal of Plant Diseases and Protection 123 (3) 137-140.
- New report of Cycas revoluta leaf necrosis by Phoma herbarum from Pakistan.
Madiha Nayab; Naureen Akhtar (2016) Journal of Plant Diseases and Protection 123 (4) 193-196.
- First occurrence of the ant genus Brachymyrmex Mayr, 1868 (Hymenoptera: Formicidae) from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Sharaf, M. R.; Salman, S.; Aldhafer, H. M.; Yousef, A. F. A.; Aldawood, A. S. (2016) Sociobiology 63 (2) 800-803.
- New and earlier unnoted mealybugs and felt scale (Homoptera: Coccinea: Pseudococcidae, Eriococcidae) from Morocco.
Gavrilov-Zimin, I. A. (2016) Annales de la Société Entomologique de France 52 (2) 88-94.
- Contributions to the flora of the province of Huesca, I.
Ferrández Palacio, J. V. (2016) Flora Montiberica 64 62-79.
- Floristic novelties for the province of Cuenca (CE Spain), XXVI.
Mateo Sanz, G.; Campestre Mezquida, F. (2016) Flora Montiberica 64 50-53.
- New data for the flora of Aragón, II.
López Udias, S.; Fabregat Llueca, C.; Fabado Alós, J.; Picornell Segura, E. (2016) Flora Montiberica 64 20-25.
- Additions to the floristic catalogue of the province of Soria (Spain), III: Chorologic extensions at the Iberian System and Ebro valley.
Molina Martín, C.; Montamarta Prieto, G.; Eugenio Gozalbo, M. (2016) Flora Montiberica 64 3-19.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here or to view results by your location click here.
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
Update: New Pest & Disease Records (08 March 2023)
This month’s pest alerts include the first report of Diaporthe phoenicicola causing leaf spot on blueberry in China. We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records th…
10 March 2023
Leave a Reply