We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include new rusts on sugarcane in Ecuador and Southern Africa, outbreaks of the whitefly Aleurothrixus aepim in Brazil, and the first report of the fungus Alternaria arborescens causing leaf spot on rice in Pakistan.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- First report of bacterial wilt caused by Ralstonia solanacearum in Ghana, West Africa.
Subedi, N.; Gilbertson, R. L.; Osei, M. K.; Cornelius, E.; Miller, S. A. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (6) 840.
- A new species of rust infecting sugarcane in South Africa and Swaziland.
Martin, L. A.; Sifundza, J. T.; Rutherford, R. S.; McFarlane, S. A. (2014) 86th Annual Congress of the South African Sugar Technologists’ Association (SASTA 2013), Durban, South Africa, 6-8 August 2013, 240.
- First report of orange rust of sugarcane caused by Puccinia kuehnii in Ecuador.
Garcés, F. F.; Fiallos, F. F.; Silva, E.; Martinez, F.; Aime, M. C.; Comstock, J. C.; Glynn, N. C.; Castlebury, L. A. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (6) 842.
- Occurrence of cherry necrotic rusty mottle virus (CNRMV) and cherry green ring mottle virus (CGRMV) on sweet cherry.
Lee SeungYeol; Yea MiChi; Back ChangGi; Kang InKyu; Choi Cheol; Lee SuHeon; Jung HeeYoung; Ohga, S. (2014) Journal of the Faculty of Agriculture, Kyushu University 59 (1) 1-4.
- First report of leaf spot of rice caused by Alternaria arborescens in Pakistan.
Akhtar, N.; Bashir, U.; Mushtaq, S. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (6) 846.
- Candidatus Liberibacter solanacearum a new threat for potato and tomato production?
Schrader, G.; Müller, P.; Stefani, E. (2014) Journal für Kulturpflanzen 66 (5) 169-174.
- First report of foliar blight caused by Phytophthora capsici on Citrus reticulata Blanco cv. Nian Ju in Guangdong, China.
Cheng, B. P.; Lu, L. M.; Peng, A. T.; Song, X. B.; Ling, J. F.; Chen, X. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (6) 845.
- First report of Lettuce chlorosis virus infecting bean in Spain.
Ruiz, M. L.; Simón, A.; García, M. C.; Janssen, D. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (6) 857.
- Occurrence of Aleurothrixus aepim (Goeldi, 1886) on cassava in Western Paraná.
Pietrowski, V.; Rheinheimer, A. R.; Miranda, A. M.; Wengrat, A. P. G. da S.; Barilli, D. R. (2014) Arquivos do Instituto Biológico (São Paulo) 81 (2) 186-188.
- First report of Cytospora punicae causing wood canker and branch dieback of pomegranate (Punica granatum) in the United States.
Hand, F. P.; Choudhury, R. A.; Gubler, W. D. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (6) 853-854.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
This month’s pest alerts include a new species of bark beetle in Taiwan (Image byJohn Tann) We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this month include a new sp…
7 July 2021