We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the first report of myrothecium rhizome spot of ginger caused by Myrothecium verrucaria in Japan, the first record of the sugarcane froghoppers Mahanarva spectabilis and Mahanarva liturata infesting sugarcane plantations in Goianésia (Brazil) and the first report of Asteromella pruni-mahaleb on apricot.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- First report of anthracnose of Ledebouriella seseloides caused by Colletotrichum gloeosporioides in Korea.
Lee JungHan; Kwak YounSig (2014) Journal of Phytopathology162 (5) 342-344.
- Box tree moth (Cydalima perspectalis, Lepidoptera; Crambidae), new invasive insect pest in Croatia.
Matoševic´, D. (2013) SEEFOR 4 (2) 89-94.
- First report of Asteromella pruni-mahaleb comb. nov. (syn. Phyllosticta pruni-mahaleb Pass.) on Prunus armeniaca.
Bedlan, G. (2014) Journal für Kulturpflanzen 66 (3) 90-94.
- Stelidota geminata: a new pest on strawberries in Piedmont (NW-Italy).
Pansa, M. G.; Frati, S.; Baudino, M.; Tavella, L. (2014) Protezione delle Colture1, 16-18.
- RNA viral metagenome of whiteflies leads to the discovery and characterization of a whitefly-transmitted Carlavirus in North America.
Rosario, K.; Capobianco, H.; Ng, F. F. T.; Breitbart, M.; Polston, J. E. (2014) PLoS ONE9 (1) e86748.
- Fungal trunk pathogens associated with table grape decline in Northeastern Brazil.
Correia, K. C.; Câmara, M. P. S.; Barbosa, M. A. G.; Sales Júnior, R.; Agustí-Brisach, C.; Gramaje, D.; León, M.; García-Jiménez, J.; Abad-Campos, P.; Armengol, J.; Michereff, S. J. (2013) Phytopathologia Mediterranea 52 (2) 380-387.
- First report of myrothecium rhizome spot of ginger (Zingiber officinale) caused by Myrothecium verrucaria in Japan.
Yamazaki, M.; Morita, Y.; Arie, T. (2014) Japanese Journal of Phytopathology 80 (1) 11-15.
- First record of the sugarcane froghoppers Mahanarva spectabilis (Distant) and Mahanarva liturata (Le Peletier & Serville) infesting sugarcane plantations in the region of Goianésia (GO), Brazil.
Alves, R. T.; Carvalho, G. S. (2014) Arquivos do Instituto Biológico (São Paulo) 81 (1) 83-85.
- First report of white mould caused by Sclerotinia sclerotiorum on spearmint (Mentha spicata L.) in Italy.
Bertetti, D.; Pensa, P.; Poli, A.; Gullino, M. L.; Garibaldi, A. (2013) Protezione delle Colture 4, 38-40.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
This article was originally published on prise.org An estimated 40% of the world’s crops are lost to pests impacting on smallholder farmers’ ability to feed their families, on international trade and food supply chains and hampering the pursuit of Sust…
26 June 2020