We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the first report of Fomitiporia maxonii causing citrus wood rot in commercial orange and grapefruit groves in Cuba, the first report of Daldinia concentrica on Ficus benjamia from India, and Monilinia species identified on peach and nectarine in Croatia, with the first record of Monilinia fructicola.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- First report of Cercospora apii s. lat. on Ceiba pentendra from northeastern Uttar Pradesh, India.
Shambhu Kumar; Raghvendra Singh; Upadhyaya, P. P.; Saini, D. C. (2013) Journal on New Biological Reports 2 (3) 238-240.
- The burr-seed fly, Euaresta aequalis (Loew) (Diptera: Tephritidae), newly recorded in Europe, with new observations on its biology.
- Seljak, G. (2013) Studia Dipterologica 20 (1) 31-38.
- The American genus Dactuliothrips (Thysanoptera: Aeolothripidae) with three new species.
Pereyra, V.; Borbón, C. M. de (2013) Zootaxa 3734 (1) 1-14.
- Identification of Fusarium species causing basal rot of onion in East Azarbaijan province, Iran and evaluation of their virulence on onion bulbs and seedlings.
Ghanbarzadeh, B.; Goltapeh, E. M.; Safaie, N. (2014) Archives of Phytopathology and Plant Protection 47 (9) 1050-1062.
- First report of the fungus Fomitiporia maxonii Murrill causing citrus wood rot in commercial orange and grapefruit groves in Cuba.
Carbera, R. I.; Decock, C.; Herrera, S.; Ferrer, J.; Ortega, I.; Lopes, S. A.; Zamora, V. (2014) Crop Protection58 67-72.
- Monilinia species identified on peach and nectarine in Croatia, with the first record of Monilinia fructicola.
Ivic´, D.; Fazinic´, T.; Cole, J.; Novak, A. (2014) Bulletin OEPP/EPPO Bulletin 44 (1) 70-72.
- First report of Daldinia concentrica on Ficus benjamia L. from India.
Gond, A. K.; Pandey, A. K.; Jamaluddin (2013) Journal on New Biological Reports 2 (3) 246-247.
- Several new and one invasive aphid species (Aphididae, Hemiptera) caught by yellow water traps in Serbia.
Vučetic´, A.; Jovičic´, I.; Petrovic´-Obradovic´, O. (2014) Phytoparasitica 42 (2) 247-257.
- A new record of leaf spot caused by Xanthomonas campestris in Tinospora cordifolia in India.
Achar, K. G. S.; Parashurama, T. R.; Shivanna, M. B. (2014) International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences 3 (1) 269-273.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
This month’s pest alerts include the first report of stem rot on hydrangea caused by Phytophthora hedraiandra in Japan (Image by Heidelbergerin) We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseas…
8 January 2021