Here’s a taste of some of the latest stories about plant health, including foot rot disease attacking basmati crop in Punjab, Australian authorities intercept citrus pest on curry leaves and the ants that are threatening cocoa crops.
Click on the link to read more of the latest plant health news!
- Crop-damaging fruit pest found in North Dakota
Westport News, 14th August 2013
- Australian authorities intercept citrus pest in curry leaves
Fresh Fruit Portal, 13th August 2013
- Argentine scientists increase strawberry shelf life by 50%
Fresh Plaza, 9th August 2013
- Success in banana disease field trial
Fresh Plaza, 7th August 2013
- Maize disease remains serious threat to farmers in Tanzania
Daily News- Tanzania, 6th August 2013
- BARC develops 41 new superior crop varieties [India]
NY Daily News- Tanzania, 6th August 2013
- Fungal attack poses threat to apple crop
Hindustan Times, 4th August 2013
- Foot rot disease attacks basmati crop in Punjab
Hindustan Times, 1st August 2013
- Ants are laying siege to the world’s chocolate supply
Aeon magazine, 30th July 2013
- Scientists help African farmers battle pests in warming climate
Thomson Reuters Foundation, 30th July 2013
See more plant health news on the Plantwise Knowledge Bank.
If there’s another news story you’d like to highlight, please post a comment below.
Related News & Blogs
This article was originally published on the CABI BioProtection Portal blog. Visit the original blog post here. Anthracnose is a catch-all, general term. It describes the damage caused to plants by a group of fungal diseases. Anthra…
13 June 2022