We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the first report of mango malformation disease in Senegal, report of Fusarium azukicola sp. nov. in Hokkaido, Japan and the first report of the cereal cyst nematode Heterodera filipjevi on wheat in Serbia.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- Fusarium azukicola sp. nov., an exotic azuki bean root-rot pathogen in Hokkaido, Japan.
Aoki, T.; Tanaka, F.; Suga, H.; Hyakumachi, M.; Scandiani, M. M.; O’Donnell, K. (2012) Mycologia 104 (5) 1068-1084.
- First report of Didymella bryoniae causing gummy stem blight of chayote in Taiwan.
Tsai, Y. C.; Chen, J. F. (2012) Plant Disease 96 (10) 1578.
- First report of anthracnose of mile-a-minute (Persicaria perfoliata) caused by Colletotrichum cf. gloeosporioides in Turkey.
Berner, D. K.; Cavin, C. A.; Erper, I.; Tunali, B. (2012) Plant Disease 96 (10) 1578.
- First report of leaf spot disease caused by Botrytis cinerea on Piper longum.
Shikha Thakur; Harsh, N. S. K. (2012) Indian Forester 138 (8) 763-764.
- First report of mango malformation disease caused by Fusarium tupiense in Senegal.
Senghor, A. L.; Sharma, K.; Kumar, P. L.; Bandyopadhyay, R. (2012) Plant Disease 96 (10) 1582.
- Externally-feeding lepidopteran complex on untreated apple trees-species composition, domination and occurrence.
Velcheva, N. (2011) Rasteniev’dni Nauki 48 (5) 475-483.
- First report of root-knot nematode Meloidogyne arenaria on Atractylodis macrocephalae in China.
Wang, X. Z.; Wang, L. F.; Piao, C. G.; Guo, M. W.; Li, Y. (2012) Plant Disease 96 (10) 1583.
- First report of the cereal cyst nematode Heterodera filipjevi on wheat in Serbia.
Oro, V.; Živkovic´, S.; Ivanovic´, Ž.; Waeyenberge, L. (2012) Plant Disease 96 (10) 1583.
- First report of an endemic Australian thrips, Thrips australis (Thysanoptera: Thripidae) on Eucalyptus in Shiraz, Iran.
Minaei, K. (2012) Journal of Entomological and Acarological Research 44 (2) 42-45.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here (>32,000 results)
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
This article was originally published on prise.org An estimated 40% of the world’s crops are lost to pests impacting on smallholder farmers’ ability to feed their families, on international trade and food supply chains and hampering the pursuit of Sust…
26 June 2020